American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS)
ABOS Web Based Longitudinal Assessment Program
2023 Knowledge Sources
- To compare 5-year outcomes among patients with and without unstable chondral lesions undergoing arthroscopic partial meniscectomy (APM).
- To report contemporary trends in hip arthroscopy case volume in the United States using a large cross-sectional cohort with accurate laterality tracking for assessment of revision surgery and rates of conversion to total hip arthroplasty (THA).
- To assess the effectiveness of a nonopioid pain regimen in controlling postoperative pain as compared with a traditional opioid pain control following primary meniscectomy or meniscal repair.
- To determine if long head of the biceps (LHB) tenotomy is not inferior to suprapectoral LHB tenodesis when performed in conjunction with arthroscopic repair of small- to medium-sized nontraumatic rotator cuff tears.
- To utilize a national all-payer claims dataset to understand whether a history of a prior shoulder arthroscopy is associated with adverse outcomes or complications after the index shoulder arthroplasty itself.