The authors encountered a case of arch type pathologic suprapatellar plica that was excised using an arthroscopic technique. It is reported with a review of the literature.
Arthroscopy: The Journal of Arthroscopic and Related Surgery, Vol 17, No 5 (May-June), 2001: pp 536–538
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Arthroscopy
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Arthroscopic findings of the synovial plicae of the knee.Arthroscopy. 1997; 13: 33-41
- Knee injuries. The role of suprapatellar plica and suprapatellar bursa in simulating internal derangements.Clin Orthop. 1971; 74: 161-176
- Anatomy of the medial suprapatellar plica and medial synovial shelf.Arthroscopy. 1990; 6: 79-85
- Diagnosis and treatment of the plica syndrome of the knee.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1980; 62: 221-225
- Les replis synoviaux du genou: Aspects anatomiques, physiopathologiques et cliniques.J Traumatol Sport. 1990; 7: 25-38
- Arthroscopic treatment of symptomatic synovial plica of the knee: Long-term followup.Am J Sports Med. 1991; 19: 503-507
- Symptomatic synovial plica of the knee.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1993; 75: 1485-1496
- Synovial plicae of the knee.Clin Sports Med. 1997; 16: 87-122
- The suprapatellar plica.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1984; 66: 280
- Plica as a cause of anterior knee pain.Orthop Clin North Am. 1986; 17: 273-277
- The plica syndrome.Orthop Clin North Am. 1992; 23: 613-618
- Pathologic synovial plica of the knee. Results of conservative treatment.Am J Sports Med. 1990; 18: 466-469
- An arthroscopic technique of demonstrating the pathomechanics of the suprapatellar plica.Arthroscopy. 1991; 7: 308-310
- The clinical significance of the complete type of suprapatellar membrane.Arthroscopy. 1998; 14: 830-835
*Address correspondence and reprint requests to Sang-Jin Shin, M.D., Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Yonsei University College of Medicine, C.P.O. Box 8044, Seoul, Korea. E-Mail: [email protected]
© 2001 Arthroscopy Association of North America. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.