Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Specificity of the Speed's test: Arthroscopic technique for evaluating the biceps tendon at the level of the bicipital groove.Arthroscopy. 1998; 14: 789-796
- Clinical testing for tears of the glenoid labrum.Arthroscopy. 2003; 19: 517-523
- Accuracy of the Speed's and Yergason's tests in detecting biceps pathology and SLAP lesions: Comparison with arthroscopic findings.Arthroscopy. 2004; 20: 231-236
- Disorders of the superior labrum: Review and treatment guidelines.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2002; : 77-87
- An analysis of 140 injuries to the superior glenoid labrum.J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 1995; 4: 243-248
- The crank test, the O'Brien test, and routine magnetic resonance imaging scans in the diagnosis of labral tears.Am J Sports Med. 2002; 30: 806-809
Hegedus EJ, Goode A, Campbell S, et al. Physical examination tests of the shoulder: A systematic review with meta-analysis of individual tests. Br J Sports Med in press, available online 24 August, 2007.
- Clinical assessment of superior glenoid labral lesions: A systematic review.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2007; 455: 45-51
- SLAP lesions of the shoulder.Arthroscopy. 1990; 6: 274-279
- Biceps load test II: A clinical test for SLAP lesions of the shoulder.Arthroscopy. 2001; 17: 160-164
- A prospective evaluation of a new physical examination in predicting glenoid labral tears.Am J Sports Med. 1996; 24: 721-725
- The active compression test: A new and effective test for diagnosing labral tears and acromioclavicular joint abnormality.Am J Sports Med. 1998; 26: 610-613
- Type II SLAP lesions: Three subtypes and their relationships to superior instability and rotator cuff tears.Arthroscopy. 1998; 14: 553-565
- The common syndrome of rupture, dislocation and elongation of the long head of the biceps brachii.Surg Gynecol Obstet. 1934; 58: 322-339
- The peel-back mechanism: Its role in producing and extending type II SLAP lesions and its effect on SLAP repair rehabilitation.Arthroscopy. 1998; 14: 637-640
Stetson WB, Templin KT. Sensitivity of the crank test vs. the O'Brien test in detecting SLAP lesions of the shoulder. Presented at the American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeon's Specialty Day; Anaheim, CA; February 1999.
- Anterior capsulolabral reconstruction of the shoulder in athletes in overhand sports.Am J Sports Med. 1991; 19: 428-434
- Failure of the biceps superior labral complex: A cadaveric biomechanical investigation comparing the late cocking and early deceleration positions of throwing.Arthroscopy. 2003; 19: 373-379
- Kinetics of baseball pitching with implications about injury mechanisms.Am J Sports Med. 1995; 23: 233-239
- Biomechanical investigations for the development of a SLAP-II-lesion.Orthopade. 2003; 32 (in German): 608-615
- Glenoid labrum tears related to the long head of the biceps.Am J Sports Med. 1985; 13: 337-341
- Entrapment of the long head of the biceps tendon: The hourglass biceps—A cause of pain and locking of the shoulder.J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2004; 13: 249-257
- Clinical evaluation of shoulder problems.in: Rockwood C.A. Matsen F.A. The shoulder. WB Saunders, Philadelphia1990: 149-177
- Forced shoulder abduction and elbow flexion test: A new simple clinical test to detect superior labral injury in the throwing shoulder.Arthroscopy. 2005; 21: 1290-1295
- A clinical test for superior glenoid labral or 'SLAP' lesions.Clin J Sport Med. 1998; 8: 121-123
- The resisted supination external rotation test: A new test for the diagnosis of superior labral anterior posterior lesions.Am J Sports Med. 2005; 33: 1315-1320
The authors report no conflict of interest.