Level of Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Graft laceration and pullout strength of soft-tissue anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: In vitro study comparing titanium, poly-D, L-lactide, and poly-D, L-lactide tricalcium phosphate screws.Arthroscopy. 2006; 22: 1204-1210
- Effects of ACL interference screws on articular cartilage volume and thickness measurements with 1.5 T and 3 T MRI.Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2008; 16: 572-578
- A prospective randomized comparison of bioabsorbable and titanium anterior cruciate ligament interference screws.Arthroscopy. 2005; 21: 147-151
- Hamstring anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: A comparison of bioabsorbable interference screw and EndoButton-post fixation.Arthroscopy. 2004; 20: 122-128
- Bioabsorbable interference screws for graft fixation in anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction.Arthroscopy. 1999; 15: 463-473
- Magnetic resonance imaging of bioabsorbable polylactic acid interference screws during the first 2 years after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction.Arthroscopy. 1999; 15: 474-480
- Histologic findings with a bioabsorbable anterior cruciate ligament interference screw explant after 2.5 years in vivo.Arthroscopy. 2002; 18: E47
- Serial magnetic resonance imaging evaluation of a bioabsorbable interference screw and the adjacent bone.Arthroscopy. 1999; 15: 481-488
- Coralline bone graft substitutes.Orthop Clin North Am. 1999; 30: 599-613
- Comparison of poly-L-lactide and polylactide carbonate interference screws in an ovine anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction model.Arthroscopy. 2007; 23 (765.e1-765.e2): 757-765
Poandl T, Trenka-Benthin S, Azri-Meehan S, et al. A new faster degrading biocomposite material: Long-term in-vivo tissue reaction and absorption. Presented at the Annual Meeting of the Arthroscopy Association of North America, Vancouver, Canada, 2005.
- The outcome at 15 years of endoscopic anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction using hamstring tendon autograft for ‘isolated’ anterior cruciate ligament rupture.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2012; 94: 630-637
- Reverse distance transformation and skeletons based upon the Euclidean metric for n-dimensional digital binary pictures.IEICE Trans Inf Syst. 1994; E77: 1005-1016
- Magnetic resonance imaging appearance of anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction using Calaxo screws.Skeletal Radiol. 2011; 40: 229-232
- A clinical review of bioabsorbable interference screws and their adverse effects in anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction surgery.Knee. 2009; 16: 6-13
- CALAXO osteoconductive interference screw: The value of postmarket surveillance.J Surg Orthop Adv. 2010; 19: 121-124
- Tibial tunnel widening after bioresorbable poly-lactide calcium carbonate interference screw usage in ACL reconstruction.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2010; 18: 79-84
Cooper JJ, Mackie AT. In vitro evaluation of a range of bioabsorbable composite interference screws designed for anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. Presented at the 54th Annual Meeting of the Orthopaedic Research Society, San Francisco, CA, February 2008.
- Magnetic resonance imaging analysis of the bioabsorbable Milagro interference screw for graft fixation in anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction.Strategies Trauma Limb Reconstr. 2009; 4: 73-79
- Long-term degradation of a poly-lactide co-glycolide/beta-tricalcium phosphate biocomposite interference screw.Arthroscopy. 2011; 27: 637-643
The authors report the following potential conflict of interest or source of funding in relation to this article: Smith & Nephew and Johnson & Johnson for institutional research support. Smith & Nephew Endoscopy for financial support to the Cleveland Clinic for development and validation of the quantitative CT techniques for assessment of bioabsorbable ACL screws.