Level of Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The types and severity of complications associated with interscalene brachial plexus block anesthesia: Local and national evidence.J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2007; 16: 379-387
- The effectiveness of an anesthetic continuous-infusion device on postoperative pain control.Arthroscopy. 2002; 18: 76-81
- Continuous infusion of a local anesthetic versus interscalene block for postoperative pain control after arthroscopic shoulder surgery.Arthroscopy. 2007; 23: 1006-1011
- Postoperative analgesia for shoulder surgery: A critical appraisal and review of current techniques.Anesthesia. 2010; 65: 608-624
- The transdermal administration of fentanyl in the treatment of postoperative pain: Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamic effects.Pain. 1989; 37: 193-202
- Transdermal fentanyl for postoperative pain management. A double-blind placebo study.JAMA. 1989; 261: 1036-1039
- A clinical method of functional assessment of the shoulder.Clin Orthop. 1987; 214: 160-164
- Postoperative analgesia and plasma levels after transdermal fentanyl for orthopedic surgery: Double-blind comparison with placebo.J Clin Anesth. 1995; 7: 26-30
- Pain after shoulder arthroscopy: A prospective study on 231 cases.Orthop Traumatol Surg Res. 2011; 97: 260-266
- Efficacy of subacromial ropivacaine infusion for rotator cuff surgery. A randomized trial.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2009; 91: 1558-1567
- The analgesic effect of continuous subacromial bupivacaine infusion after arthroscopic shoulder surgery: A randomized controlled trial.Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2012; 56: 210-216
- Pain pump use after shoulder arthroscopy as a cause of glenohumeral chondrolysis.Arthroscopy. 2009; 25: 647-652
- Glenohumeral chondrolysis after arthroscopy: A systematic review of potential contributors and causal pathways.Arthroscopy. 2009; 25: 1329-1342
- Antimicrobial activity of bupivacaine and morphine.Anesthesiology. 1985; 62: 178-179
- Subacromial pain pump use with arthroscopic shoulder surgery: A short-term prospective study of complications in 583 patients.Arthroscopy. 2008; 17: 860-862
Summary of product characteristics, Durogesic. Espoo: Janssen-Cilag, 2012.
- The efficacy of transdermal fentanyl in the treatment of postoperative pain: A double-blind comparison of fentanyl and placebo systems.Pain. 1990; 40: 21-28
- A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of transdermal fentanyl after abdominal hysterectomy analgesic, respiratory, and pharmacokinetic effects.Anesthesiology. 1994; 81: 1169-1180
- The pain control infusion pump for postoperative pain control in shoulder surgery.Arthroscopy. 2000; 16: 339-342
- Questioning the methodologic superiority of “placebo” over “active” controlled trials.Am J Bioeth. 2009; 9: 34-48
- Ethical issues in the difference between placebo-controlled and active-controlled trials.Am J Bioeth. 2009; 9: 56-58
- Multimodal analgesia techniques for ambulatory surgery.Int Anesthesiol Clin. 2005; 43: 197-204
- Pain management after ambulatory surgery.Curr Opin Anaesthesiol. 2009; 22: 738-743
- The role of multimodal analgesia in pain management after ambulatory surgery.Curr Opin Anaesthesiol. 2010; 23: 697-703
The authors report that they have no conflicts of interest in the authorship and publication of this article.