Level of Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Loss of motion after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction.Am J Sports Med. 1992; 20: 499-506
- Harvesting hamstring tendons for ACL reconstruction influences postoperative hamstring muscle performance.Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2003; 123: 460-465
- Hamstring strength recovery after hamstring tendon harvest for anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: A comparison between graft types.Arthroscopy. 2010; 26: 462-469
- Evaluation of active knee flexion and hamstring strength after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction using hamstring tendons.Arthroscopy. 2002; 18: 598-602
- Knee flexor recovery following hamstring tendon harvest for anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: A systematic review.Orthop Rev (Pavia). 2009; 1: e12
- Medial hamstring tendon regeneration following tendon harvest for anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: Fact, myth and clinical implication.Arthroscopy. 2005; 21: 1257-1264
- Current trends in anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction.J Knee Surg. 2009; 22: 7-12
- Survey study of members of the Canadian orthopaedic association on the natural history and treatment of anterior cruciate ligament injury.Clin J Sports Med. 2011; 21: 249-258
- Neuromuscular and biomechanical landing performance subsequent to ipsilateral semitendinosus and gracilis autograft anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2008; 16: 2-14
- Minimum 10-year results after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction.Am J Sports Med. 2009; 37: 471-480
2000 International Knee Documentation Committee knee forms. Available from: http://www.sportsmed.org/uploadedFiles/Content/Medical_Professionals/Research/Grants/IKDC_Forms/IKDC%202000%20-%20Revised%20Subjective%20Scoring.pdf. Accessed August 15, 2012.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans—Physical Activity for Adults. Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/everyone/guidelines/adults.html. Updated December 1, 2011. Accessed August 30, 2012.
- Test-retest reliability of the Minnesota leisure time physical activity questionnaire.J Chronic Dis. 1986; 39: 505-511
- Comprehensive evaluation of the Minnesota leisure time physical activity questionnaire.J Clin Epidemiol. 1994; 47: 271-281
- The reliability, validity, and responsiveness of the Lysholm score and Tegner activity scale for anterior cruciate ligament injuries of the knee: 25 years later.Am J Sports Med. 2009; 37: 891-897
- Lysholm score and Tegner activity level in individuals with normal knees.Am J Sports Med. 2009; 37: 898-901
- Knee injury and osteoarthritis score (KOOS): Reliability and validity in competitive athletes after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction.Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2011; 19: 406-410
- The Knee injury and Osteoarthritis Outcome Score (KOOS): From joint injury to osteoarthritis.Health Qual Life Out. 2003; 1: 64
- Reliability and precision of isokinetic strength and muscular endurance for the quadriceps and hamstrings.Int J Sports Med. 1997; 18: 113-117
- Eccentric isokinetics.Orthop Phys Ther Clin North Am. 1992; 12: 297-336
- The effect of rest interval length on ratings of perceived exertion during dynamic knee extension exercise.J Strength Cond Res. 2004; 18: 540-545
- Isokinetic dynamometry in anterior cruciate ligament injury and reconstruction.Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2008; 37: 330-340
- Reliability of an isokinetic test of muscle strength and endurance.J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 1989; 10: 315-322
- Statistical power analysis for the behavioral sciences.Ed 2. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Hillsdale, NJ1988
- Normal hip and knee active range of motion: The relationship to age.Phys Ther. 1991; 71: 656-665
- Rehabilitation for patients following ACL reconstruction: A knee symmetry model.N Am J Sports Phys Ther. 2009; 4: 2-12
- Contralateral limb strength deficits after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction using a hamstring tendon graft.Clin Biomech. 2007; 22: 543-550
- Bilateral proprioceptive deficits in patients with unilateral anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: A comparison between patients and healthy individuals.J Orthop Res. 2000; 18: 565-571
- Loss of motion following knee ligament reconstruction.Sports Med. 1995; 19: 150-159
- Deconditioned knee: The effectiveness of a rehabilitation program that restores normal knee motion to improve symptoms and function.N Am J Sports Phys Ther. 2007; 2: 81-89
- Relationship between active range of motion deficits and muscle strength and tone at the elbow in patients with hemiparesis.Clin Rehabil. 1991; 5: 219-224
- Loss of normal knee motion after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction is associated with radiographic arthritic changes after surgery.Am J Sports Med. 2012; 40: 108-113
- Biomechanical considerations for rehabilitation of the knee.Clin Biomech. 2000; 15: 160-166
The authors report the following potential conflict of interest or source of funding: Research grant from the Pennsylvania Athletic Trainers' Society .