Level of Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Greater trochanteric pain syndrome: Epidemiology and associated factors.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2007; 88: 988-992
- Differential diagnosis of pain around the hip joint.Arthroscopy. 2008; 24: 1407-1421
- Abductor tendon tears of the hip: Evaluation and management.J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2011; 19: 385-391
- Prospective evaluation of magnetic resonance imaging and physical examination findings in patients with greater trochanteric pain syndrome.Arthritis Rheum. 2001; 44: 2138-2145
- “Bald trochanter” spontaneous rupture of the conjoined tendons of the gluteus medius and minimus presenting as trochanteric bursitis.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2004; 83: 806-809
- MRI diagnosis of tears of the hip abductor tendons (gluteus medius and gluteus minimus).AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2004; 182: 137-143
- A review of the anatomy of the hip abductor muscles, gluteus medius, gluteus minimus, and tensor fascia lata.Clin Anat. 2012; 25: 697-708
- Tendinosis and tears of the gluteus medius and minimus muscles as a cause of hip pain: MR imaging findings.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 1999; 173: 1123-1126
- Anatomy and dimensions of the gluteus medius tendon insertion.Arthroscopy. 2008; 24: 130-136
- Rotator cuff tears of the hip.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1999; 368: 135-140
Shindle MK, Voos JE, Heyworth BE, et al. Hip arthroscopy in the athletic patient: Current techniques and spectrum of disease. J Bone Joint Surg Am 2007;89(suppl 3):29-43.
Voos JE, Rudzki JR, Shindle MK, Martin H, Kelly BT. Arthroscopic anatomy and surgical treatment for peritrochanteric space disorders in the hip. Arthroscopy 2007;23:1246.e1-1246.e5. Available online at www.arthroscopyjournal.org.
- Greater trochanteric pain syndrome: A review of anatomy diagnosis and treatment.Anesth Analg. 2009; 108: 1662-1670
- Surgical repair of gluteal tendons: A report of 72 cases.J Arthroplasty. 2011; 26: 1514-1519
- Endoscopic repair of gluteus medius tendon tears of the hip.Am J Sports Med. 2009; 47: 743-747
- Partial thickness tears of the gluteus medius: Rationale and technique for transtendinous endoscopic repair.Arthroscopy. 2010; 26: 1697-1705
- Evidence of validity for the hip outcome score.Arthroscopy. 2006; 22: 1304-1311
- Prospective analysis of hip arthroscopy with 2-year follow-up.Arthroscopy. 2000; 16: 578-587
- Pulmonary embolism after hip arthroscopy.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2011; 19: 1224-1225
- Rotator-cuff tear of the hip.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1997; 79: 618-620
- Surgical repair of chronic tears of the hip abductor mechanism.Hip Int. 2009; 19: 372-376
- Predictors of hip arthroscopy outcomes for labral tears at a minimum 2-year follow-up: The influence of age and arthritis.Arthroscopy. 2012; 28: 1359-1364
- Gluteus tendon rupture is underrecognized by French orthopedic surgeons: Results of a mail survey.Joint Bone Spine. 2006; 73: 411-413
The authors report that they have no conflicts of interest in the authorship and publication of this article.