Level of Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Effectiveness of autologous chondrocyte implantation in cartilage repair of the knee: A systematic review of controlled trials.Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2010; 18: 857-863
- We do not have evidence based methods for the treatment of cartilage defects in the knee.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2011; 19: 543-552
- Overview of existing cartilage repair technology.Sports Med Arthrosc. 2008; 16: 196-201
- Surgical treatment for early osteoarthritis. Part I: Cartilage repair procedures.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2012; 20: 450-466
- Trends and demographics in hip arthroscopy in the United States.Arthroscopy. 2013; 29: 661-665
- Four-year results from a randomized controlled study of knee chondroplasty with concomitant medial meniscectomy: Mechanical debridement versus radiofrequency chondroplasty.Arthroscopy. 2010; 26: S73-S80
- Clinical outcome after microfracture of the knee: A meta-analysis of before/after-data of controlled studies.Int Orthop. 2012; 36: 43-50
- Clinical efficacy of the microfracture technique for articular cartilage repair in the knee: An evidence-based systematic analysis.Am J Sports Med. 2009; 37: 2053-2063
- Microfracture and augments.J Knee Surg. 2012; 25: 9-15
- Platelet-rich plasma treatment in symptomatic patients with knee osteoarthritis: Preliminary results in a group of active patients.Sports Health. 2012; 4: 162-172
- Comparison of osteochondral autologous transplantation, microfracture, or debridement techniques in articular cartilage lesions associated with anterior cruciate ligament injury: A prospective study with a 3-year follow-up.Arthroscopy. 2013; 29: 89-97
- Activity levels are higher after osteochondral autograft transfer mosaicplasty than after microfracture for articular cartilage defects of the knee: A retrospective comparative study.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2012; 94: 971-978
- NeoCart, an autologous cartilage tissue implant, compared with microfracture for treatment of distal femoral cartilage lesions: An FDA phase-II prospective, randomized clinical trial after two years.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2012; 94: 979-989
- Treatment of symptomatic cartilage defects of the knee: Characterized chondrocyte implantation results in better clinical outcome at 36 months in a randomized trial compared to microfracture.Am J Sports Med. 2009; 37: 10S-19S
- Matrix-induced autologous chondrocyte implantation versus microfracture in the treatment of cartilage defects of the knee: A 2-year randomised study.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2010; 18: 519-527
The authors report the following potential conflict of interest or source of funding: F.M., R.F., and H.W. have received support from the Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation. B.B. has received support from Arthrex, Linvatec, Smith & Nephew, ConMed Linvatec, and Ossur. B.C. has received support from Zimmer, Arthrex, Carticept, Biomimmetic, Allosource, DePuy, Regentis, Smith & Nephew, DJ Ortho, Johnson & Johnson, Genzyme, ConMed Linvatec, and Ossur.