Level of Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Rules of evidence and clinical recommendations on the use of antithrombotic agents.Chest. 1986; 89: 2S-3S
- Clinical trials in orthopaedics research. Part II. Prioritization for randomized controlled clinical trials.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2011; 93: e30
- Analysis of performance metrics reporting in papers comparing treatments or materials/devices in four important orthopaedic journals for the year 2009.Injury. 2011; 42: 1480-1483
- An analysis of the quality of cartilage repair studies.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2005; 87: 2232-2239
- Clinical trials in orthopaedics research. Part I. Cultural and practical barriers to randomized trials in orthopaedics.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2011; 93: e15
- Level of evidence in anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction research: A systematic review.Am J Sports Med. 2013; 41: 924-934
- Does a “Level I Evidence” rating imply high quality of reporting in orthopaedic randomised controlled trials?.BMC Med Res Methodol. 2006; 6: 44
- The quality of reporting of randomized trials in the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery from 1988 through 2000.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2002; 84: 388-396
- Levels of evidence in research published in The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery (American Volume) over the last thirty years.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2009; 91: 425-428
- Study design in clinical orthopaedic trials.Orthop Trauma. 2010; 24: 229-240
- Evidence-based orthopedic surgery: Is it possible?.Orthop Clin North Am. 2010; 41: 139-143
- Preferred reporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses: The PRISMA statement.Int J Surg. 2010; 8: 336-341
Scimago Lab. SJR SCImago Journal & Country Rank. Available from: http://www.scimagojr.com. Accessed November 3, 2012.
Thomson Reuters. JCR (Journal Citation Reports)—ISI Web of Knowledge. Available from: http://admin-apps.webofknowledge.com.ezproxy.rush.edu/JCR/JCR. Accessed November 1, 2012.
- Level of evidence in orthopaedic journals.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2005; 87: 2632-2638
Trials-The Consort Group-Transparent Reporting Of Trials. The CONSORT statement. January 20, 2012. Available from: http://www.consort-statement.org/consort-statement/overview0/#checklist. Accessed November 3, 2012.
- Jadad A. Enkin M. Randomized controlled trials: Questions, answers, and musings. Ed 2. Blackwell Publishing, Malden (MA)2007
- Conflict of interest in orthopaedic journals.J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2012; 20: 263-264
- The level of evidence 5 blues: Investigating medicine when experience trumps equipoise.Crit Care Med. 2013; 41: 359-361
- A controlled trial of arthroscopic surgery for osteoarthritis of the knee.N Engl J Med. 2002; 347: 81-88
- The roles of funding source, clinical trial outcome, and quality of reporting in orthopedic surgery literature.Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ). 2008; 37 (Discussion E212): E205-E212
- Physician-industry conflict of interest: Public opinion regarding industry-sponsored research.J Neurosurg Spine. 2012; 17: 1-10
- Publication of sports medicine-related randomized controlled trials registered in ClinicalTrials.gov.Am J Sports Med. 2012; 40: 1970-1977
- An evaluation of the quality of statistical design and analysis of published medical research: results from a systematic survey of general orthopaedic journals.BMC Med Res Methodol. 2012; 12: 60
- Multicenter collaboration in observational research: Improving generalizability and efficiency.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2009; 91: 80-86
- A systematic survey of the quality of research reporting in general orthopaedic journals.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2011; 93: 1154-1159
The authors report the following potential conflict of interest or source of funding: B.R.B. receives support from SLACK. Arthrex, Linvatec, Smith & Nephew, ConMed Linvatec, Ossur. Institutional research support for fellowship.