Level of Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Biomechanics of high tibial osteotomy.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2012; 21: 197-205
- Effect of weight-bearing on the alignment after open wedge high tibial osteotomy.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2010; 18: 874-878
- Partial release of the superficial medial collateral ligament for open-wedge high tibial osteotomy. A human cadaver study evaluating medial joint opening by stress radiography.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2006; 14: 141-148
- Improvements in surgical technique of valgus high tibial osteotomy.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2003; 11: 132-138
- A predictive factor for acquiring an ideal lower limb realignment after opening-wedge high tibial osteotomy.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2009; 17: 382-389
- Medial opening wedge high tibial osteotomy: a prospective cohort study of gait, radiographic, and patient-reported outcomes.Arthritis Rheum. 2009; 61: 648-657
- Correction accuracy and collateral laxity in open versus closed wedge high tibial osteotomy. A one-year randomised controlled study.Int Orthop. 2009; 34: 201-207
- Osteotomy for medial compartment arthritis of the knee using a closing wedge or an opening wedge controlled by a Puddu plate. A one-year randomised, controlled study.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2006; 88: 1454-1459
- Effect of foot rotation on the mechanical axis and correlation between knee and whole leg radiographs.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2013; 21: 2542-2547
- A comparative assessment of alignment angle of the knee by radiographic and physical examination methods.Arthritis Rheum. 2005; 52: 1730-1735
- The role of knee alignment in disease progression and functional decline in knee osteoarthritis.JAMA. 2001; 286: 188-195
Lee DH, Han SB, Oh KJ, et al. The weight-bearing scanogram technique provides better coronal limb alignment than the navigation technique in open high tibial osteotomy. Knee. October 5, 2012. [Epub ahead of print.].
- Preoperative and postoperative comparisons of navigation and radiologic limb alignment measurements after high tibial osteotomy.Arthroscopy. 2012; 28: 1842-1850
- Second-look arthroscopic findings after open-wedge high tibia osteotomy focusing on the posterior root tears of the medial meniscus.Arthroscopy. 2013; 29: 226-231
- Tibial slope and patellar height after opening wedge high tibia osteotomy using autologous tricortical iliac bone graft.Knee. 2008; 15: 128-133
- Opening- or closing-wedged high tibial osteotomy: a meta-analysis of clinical and radiological outcomes.Knee. 2011; 18: 361-368
- Opening wedge high tibial osteotomy performed without filling the defect but with locking plate fixation (TomoFix) and early weight-bearing: Prospective evaluation of bone union, precision and maintenance of correction in 51 cases.Orthop Traumatol Surg Res. 2011; 97: 705-711
- Limb alignment after open-wedge high tibial osteotomy and its effect on the clinical outcome.Orthopedics. 2011; 34: e622-e628
- Effect of open wedge high tibial osteotomy on the lateral compartment in sheep. Part I: Analysis of the lateral meniscus.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2012; 21: 39-48
- Effect of open wedge high tibial osteotomy on the lateral tibiofemoral compartment in sheep. Part II: Standard and overcorrection do not cause articular cartilage degeneration.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. January 23, 2013; ([Epub ahead of print.])
- The whole leg radiograph: standing versus supine for determining axial alignment.Acta Orthop Scand. 2003; 74: 565-568
- Pitfalls in determining knee alignment: a radiographic cadaver study.J Knee Surg. 2007; 20: 210-215
- Reliability of lower extremity alignment measurement using radiographs and PACS.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2011; 19: 1693-1698
- Reliability of measuring long-standing lower extremity radiographs.Orthopedics. 2007; 30: 299-303
Supported by a 2014 Inje University Research Grant.
The authors report that they have no conflicts of interest in the authorship and publication of this article.