Level of Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Société Française d'Anesthésie et de Réanimation. Prévention de la maladie thromboembolique veineuse périopératoire et obstétricale. Available from: http://www.sfar.org/_docs/articles/preventionmte_rpc.pdf. Accessed April 18, 2014.
- Prevention of venous thromboembolism: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines (8th Edition).Chest. 2008; 133: S381-S453
National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Venous thromboembolic diseases: The management of venous thromboembolic diseases and the role of thrombophilia testing. Available from: URL: http://www.nice.org.uk/nicemedia/live/13767/59720/59720.pdf. Published June 2012. Accessed February 14, 2013.
- French Society of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care. Guidelines on perioperative venous thromboembolism prophylaxis. Update 2011. Short text.Ann Fr Anesth Reanim. 2011; 30 (in French): 947-951
- The Cochrane Collaboration's tool for assessing risk of bias in randomised trials.BMJ. 2011; 343: d5928
European Medicines Agency. Committee for Proprietary Medicinal Products. Points to consider on clinical investigation of medicinal products for prophylaxis of intra- and post-operative venous thromboembolic risk. Available from: URL: http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/Scientific_guideline/2009/09/WC500003301.pdf. Published 2009. Accessed February 14, 2013.
- Meta-analysis: Principles and procedures.BMJ. 1997; 315: 1533-1537
- Publication and related bias in meta-analysis: Power of statistical tests and prevalence in the literature.J Clin Epidemiol. 2000; 53: 1119-1129
- Incidence and prophylaxis of deep venous thrombosis in outpatients with injury of the lower limb.Haemostasis. 1993; 23: 20-26
- Thromboembolieprophylaxe bei ambulant durchgeführten arthroskopischen Meniskusoperationen.Orthop Prax. 1995; 5: 345-348
Canata GL, Chiey A. Prevention of venous thromboembolism after ACL reconstruction: A prospective, randomized study. Presented at the International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopedic Sports Medicine Congress; Auckland, New Zealand; March 10-13, 2003.
Selby R, Geerts WH, Kreder HJ, et al. Clinically-important venous thromboembolism (CIVTE) following isolated leg fractures distal to the knee: Epidemiology and prevention: The D-KAF (Dalteparin in Knee to Ankle Fracture) trial. Presented at the XXI International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis Congress; Geneva, Switzerland; July 6-12, 2007.
- Thromboprophylaxis with low-molecular-weight heparin in outpatients with plaster-cast immobilisation of the leg.Lancet. 1995; 346: 459-461
- Low molecular weight heparin (Innohep) as thromboprophylaxis in outpatients with a plaster cast: A venografic controlled study.Thromb Res. 2002; 105: 477-480
- Use of the low-molecular-weight heparin reviparin to prevent deep-vein thrombosis after leg injury requiring immobilization.N Engl J Med. 2002; 347: 726-730
- Prolonged thromboprophylaxis with dalteparin after surgical treatment of Achilles tendon rupture: A randomized, placebo-controlled study.J Orthop Trauma. 2007; 21: 52-57
- Prolonged thromboprophylaxis with Dalteparin during immobilization after ankle fracture surgery: A randomized placebo-controlled, double-blind study.Acta Orthop. 2007; 78: 528-535
- Prophylaxis of deep-vein thrombosis in fractures below the knee: A prospective randomised controlled trial.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2009; 91: 388-394
- Prevention of venous thromboembolism after knee arthroscopy with low-molecular weight heparin (reviparin): Results of a randomized controlled trial.Arthroscopy. 2001; 17: 393-399
- Prevention of deep-vein thrombosis in ambulatory arthroscopic knee surgery: A randomized trial of prophylaxis with low-molecular weight heparin.Arthroscopy. 2002; 18: 257-263
- Extended-duration thromboprophylaxis with enoxaparin after arthroscopic surgery of the anterior cruciate ligament: A prospective, randomized, placebo-controlled study.Arthroscopy. 2007; 23: 696-702
- Low-molecular-weight heparin versus compression stockings for thromboprophylaxis after knee arthroscopy: A randomized trial.Ann Intern Med. 2008; 149: 73-82
- Interventions for preventing venous thromboembolism in adults undergoing knee arthroscopy.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2008; : CD005259
- Low molecular weight heparin for prevention of venous thromboembolism in patients with lower-leg immobilization.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2008; : CD006681
- Prevention of venous thromboembolism in patients with immobilization of the lower extremities: A meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.J Thromb Haemost. 2008; 6: 1093-1098
- Prospective randomized pilot study of ambulatory prevention of thromboembolism. 2 times 500 mg aspirin (ASS) vs. clivarin 1750 (NMH).Unfallchirurg. 1998; 101 (in German): 42-49
- Comparison of fondaparinux in patients requiring rigid or semi-rigid immobilization for isolated non-surgical below-knee injury.J Thromb Haemost. 2013; 11: 1833-1843
The authors report the following potential conflict of interest or source of funding: P.J.Z. receives support from GlaxoSmithKline, Boehringer Ingelheim, Sanofi Aventis. P.M. receives support from Pfizer, Daichi, Bayer, Boehringer Ingelheim, AstraZeneca. M.C. receives support from BMS, Bayer. S.L. receives support from Bayer, Léo Pharma, Sanofi Aventis.