Level of Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Société Française d'Anesthésie et de Réanimation. Prévention de la maladie thromboembolique veineuse périopératoire et obstétricale. Available from: http://www.sfar.org/_docs/articles/preventionmte_rpc.pdf. Accessed April 18, 2014.
- Prevention of venous thromboembolism: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines (8th Edition).Chest. 2008; 133: S381-S453
National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Venous thromboembolic diseases: The management of venous thromboembolic diseases and the role of thrombophilia testing. Available from: URL: http://www.nice.org.uk/nicemedia/live/13767/59720/59720.pdf. Published June 2012. Accessed February 14, 2013.
- French Society of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care. Guidelines on perioperative venous thromboembolism prophylaxis. Update 2011. Short text.Ann Fr Anesth Reanim. 2011; 30 (in French): 947-951
- The Cochrane Collaboration's tool for assessing risk of bias in randomised trials.BMJ. 2011; 343: d5928
European Medicines Agency. Committee for Proprietary Medicinal Products. Points to consider on clinical investigation of medicinal products for prophylaxis of intra- and post-operative venous thromboembolic risk. Available from: URL: http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/Scientific_guideline/2009/09/WC500003301.pdf. Published 2009. Accessed February 14, 2013.
- Meta-analysis: Principles and procedures.BMJ. 1997; 315: 1533-1537
- Publication and related bias in meta-analysis: Power of statistical tests and prevalence in the literature.J Clin Epidemiol. 2000; 53: 1119-1129
- Incidence and prophylaxis of deep venous thrombosis in outpatients with injury of the lower limb.Haemostasis. 1993; 23: 20-26
- Thromboembolieprophylaxe bei ambulant durchgeführten arthroskopischen Meniskusoperationen.Orthop Prax. 1995; 5: 345-348
Canata GL, Chiey A. Prevention of venous thromboembolism after ACL reconstruction: A prospective, randomized study. Presented at the International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopedic Sports Medicine Congress; Auckland, New Zealand; March 10-13, 2003.
Selby R, Geerts WH, Kreder HJ, et al. Clinically-important venous thromboembolism (CIVTE) following isolated leg fractures distal to the knee: Epidemiology and prevention: The D-KAF (Dalteparin in Knee to Ankle Fracture) trial. Presented at the XXI International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis Congress; Geneva, Switzerland; July 6-12, 2007.
- Thromboprophylaxis with low-molecular-weight heparin in outpatients with plaster-cast immobilisation of the leg.Lancet. 1995; 346: 459-461
- Low molecular weight heparin (Innohep) as thromboprophylaxis in outpatients with a plaster cast: A venografic controlled study.Thromb Res. 2002; 105: 477-480
- Use of the low-molecular-weight heparin reviparin to prevent deep-vein thrombosis after leg injury requiring immobilization.N Engl J Med. 2002; 347: 726-730
- Prolonged thromboprophylaxis with dalteparin after surgical treatment of Achilles tendon rupture: A randomized, placebo-controlled study.J Orthop Trauma. 2007; 21: 52-57
- Prolonged thromboprophylaxis with Dalteparin during immobilization after ankle fracture surgery: A randomized placebo-controlled, double-blind study.Acta Orthop. 2007; 78: 528-535
- Prophylaxis of deep-vein thrombosis in fractures below the knee: A prospective randomised controlled trial.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2009; 91: 388-394
- Prevention of venous thromboembolism after knee arthroscopy with low-molecular weight heparin (reviparin): Results of a randomized controlled trial.Arthroscopy. 2001; 17: 393-399
- Prevention of deep-vein thrombosis in ambulatory arthroscopic knee surgery: A randomized trial of prophylaxis with low-molecular weight heparin.Arthroscopy. 2002; 18: 257-263
- Extended-duration thromboprophylaxis with enoxaparin after arthroscopic surgery of the anterior cruciate ligament: A prospective, randomized, placebo-controlled study.Arthroscopy. 2007; 23: 696-702
- Low-molecular-weight heparin versus compression stockings for thromboprophylaxis after knee arthroscopy: A randomized trial.Ann Intern Med. 2008; 149: 73-82
- Interventions for preventing venous thromboembolism in adults undergoing knee arthroscopy.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2008; : CD005259
- Low molecular weight heparin for prevention of venous thromboembolism in patients with lower-leg immobilization.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2008; : CD006681
- Prevention of venous thromboembolism in patients with immobilization of the lower extremities: A meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.J Thromb Haemost. 2008; 6: 1093-1098
- Prospective randomized pilot study of ambulatory prevention of thromboembolism. 2 times 500 mg aspirin (ASS) vs. clivarin 1750 (NMH).Unfallchirurg. 1998; 101 (in German): 42-49
- Comparison of fondaparinux in patients requiring rigid or semi-rigid immobilization for isolated non-surgical below-knee injury.J Thromb Haemost. 2013; 11: 1833-1843
The authors report the following potential conflict of interest or source of funding: P.J.Z. receives support from GlaxoSmithKline , Boehringer Ingelheim , Sanofi Aventis . P.M. receives support from Pfizer , Daichi , Bayer , Boehringer Ingelheim , AstraZeneca . M.C. receives support from BMS , Bayer . S.L. receives support from Bayer, Léo Pharma, Sanofi Aventis.