Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The Pridie debridement operation for osteoarthritis of the knee.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1974; 101: 61-67
- The arthroscopic treatment of unicompartmental gonarthrosis: A five-year follow-up study of abrasion arthroplasty plus arthroscopic debridement and arthroscopic debridement alone.Arthroscopy. 1989; 5: 25-32
- Role of arthroscopy in osteoarthritis of the knee.Arthroscopy. 1991; 7: 358-363
- Microfracture: Surgical technique and rehabilitation to treat chondral defects.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2001; 391 (suppl): S362-S369
- Trends in the surgical treatment of articular cartilage lesions in the United States: An analysis of a large private-payer database over a period of 8 years.Arthroscopy. 2014; 30: 222-226
- Cartilage injuries: A review of 31,516 knee arthroscopies.Arthroscopy. 1997; 13: 456-460
- Articular cartilage defects in 1,000 knee arthroscopies.Arthroscopy. 2002; 18: 730-734
- The incidence of articular cartilage changes in the knee joint with increasing age in patients undergoing arthroscopy for meniscal pathology.Arthroscopy. 2012; 28: 1437-1444
- Current concepts: Clinical efficacy of the microfracture technique for articular cartilage repair in the knee: An evidence-based systematic analysis.Am J Sports Med. 2009; 37: 2053-2063
- Articular cartilage treatment in high-level male soccer players: A prospective comparative study of arthroscopic second-generation autologous chondrocyte implantation versus microfracture.Am J Sports Med. 2011; 39: 2549-2557
- Evidence-based status of microfracture technique: A Systematic review of level I and II studies.Arthroscopy. 2013; 29: 1579-1588
- Characterization of subchondral bone repair for marrow-stimulated chondral defects and its relationship to articular cartilage resurfacing.Am J Sports Med. 2011; 39: 1731-1740
- Osteoarthritis cartilage histopathology: Grading and staging.Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2006; 14: 13-29
- Effect of subchondral drilling on the microarchitecture of subchondral bone: Analysis in a large animal model at 6 months.Am J Sports Med. 2012; 40: 828-836
- A prospective, randomized clinical study of osteochondral autologous transplantation versus microfracture for the treatment of osteochondritis dissecans in the knee joint in children.J Pediatr Orthop. 2009; 29: 741-748
- Characterized chondrocyte implantation results in better structural repair when treating symptomatic cartilage defects of the knee in a randomized controlled trial versus microfracture.Am J Sports Med. 2008; 36: 235-246
- A randomized trial comparing autologous chondrocyte implantation with microfracture findings at five years.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2007; 89: 2105-2112
- Autologous chondrocyte implantation for treatment of cartilage defects of the knee: What predicts the need for reintervention?.Am J Sports Med. 2012; 40: 58-67
- Ten-year follow-up of a prospective, randomized clinical study of mosaic osteochondral autologous transplantation versus microfracture for the treatment of osteochondral defects in the knee joint of athletes.Am J Sports Med. 2012; 40: 2499-2508
- comparison of osteochondral autologous transplantation, microfracture, or debridement techniques in articular cartilage lesions associated with anterior cruciate ligament injury: a prospective study with a 3-year follow-up.Arthroscopy. 2013; 29: 89-91
Sansone V, de Girolamo L, Pascale W, Melato M, Pascale V. Long-term results of abrasion arthroplasty for full-thickness cartilage lesions of the medial femoral condyle. Arthroscopy in press, available online 10 December, 2014. doi:10.1016/j.arthro.2014.10.007.
- Second-look arthroscopic assessment of cartilage regeneration after medial opening-wedge high tibial osteotomy.Arthroscopy. 2014; 30: 72-79
- Articular cartilage regeneration of the knee joint after proximal tibial valgus osteotomy: A prospective study of different intra- and extra-articular operative techniques.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 1999; 7: 29-36
- Cartilage morphology after high tibial osteotomy for varus gonarthrosis.Arthroscopy. 2012; 28 (suppl, abstr): e361-e362
The author reports that he has no conflicts of interest in the authorship and publication of this article.
See commentary on page 506