Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Arthroscopy
- Autologous platelet-rich plasma promotes proliferation and chondrogenic differentiation of adipose-derived stem cells.Mol Med Rep. 2015; 11: 1298-1303
- Human platelet-rich plasma stimulates migration and chondrogenic differentiation of human subchondral progenitor cells.J Orthop Res. 2012; 30: 845-852
- Platelet-rich plasma therapy: A systematic literature review and evidence for clinical use.Phys Sportsmed. 2011; 39: 42-51
- Platelet-rich plasma intra-articular injection versus hyaluronic acid viscosupplementation as treatments for cartilage pathology: From early degeneration to osteoarthritis.Arthroscopy. 2011; 27: 1490-1501
- Platelet-rich plasma in patients with tibiofemoral cartilage degeneration.Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2013; 133: 1295-1301
- Cartilage repair in the knee with subchondral drilling augmented with a platelet-rich plasma-immersed polymer-based implant.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2014; 22: 1225-1234
- Autologous matrix-induced chondrogenesis combined with platelet-rich plasma gel: Technical description and a five pilot patients report.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2011; 19: 536-542
- PRP for the treatment of cartilage pathology.Open Orthop J. 2013; 7: 120-128
- Platelet-rich plasma differs according to preparation method and human variability.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2012; 94: 308-316
- Characterization and comparison of 5 platelet-rich plasma preparations in a single-donor model.Arthroscopy. 2014; 30: 629-638
- Platelet and growth factor concentrations in activated platelet-rich plasma: A comparison of seven commercial separation systems.J Artif Organs. 2014; 17: 186-192
- Arthroscopic double row cuff repair with suture-bridging and autologous conditioned plasma injection: Functional and structural results.Int J Shoulder Surg. 2014; 8: 101-106
- Comparison of intra-articular injections of plasma rich in growth factors (PRGF-Endoret) versus Durolane hyaluronic acid in the treatment of patients with symptomatic osteoarthritis: A randomized controlled trial.Arthroscopy. 2013; 29: 1635-1643
Kaux JF, Croisier JL, Bruyere O, et al. One injection of platelet-rich plasma associated to a submaximal eccentric protocol to treat chronic jumper’s knee. J Sports Med Phys Fitness in press, available online 19 June, 2014.
- Growth factor levels in platelet-rich plasma and correlations with donor age, sex, and platelet count.J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2002; 30: 97-102
- In vitro chondrogenesis of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal progenitor cells.Exp Cell Res. 1998; 238: 265-272
- Chondrogenic differentiation of human subchondral progenitor cells is impaired by rheumatoid arthritis synovial fluid.J Orthop Res. 2010; 28: 819-827
- Bioactive factors in platelet-rich plasma obtained by apheresis.Transfus Med Hemother. 2013; 40: 432-440
- Why normal distribution is normal?.Br J Philos Sci. 2013; 65: 1-29
- Platelet-rich plasma in the pathologic processes of cartilage: Review of basic science evidence.Arthroscopy. 2013; 29: 1399-1409
- The effect of platelet lysate supplementation of a dextran-based hydrogel on cartilage formation.Biomaterials. 2012; 33: 3651-3661
- Adult and umbilical cord blood-derived platelet-rich plasma for mesenchymal stem cell proliferation, chemotaxis, and cryo-preservation.Biomaterials. 2012; 33: 5308-5316
- Differential effect of platelet-rich plasma and fetal calf serum on bone marrow-derived human mesenchymal stromal cells expanded in vitro.J Tissue Eng Regen Med. 2011; 5: 648-654
- Partnership between platelet-rich plasma and mesenchymal stem cells: In vitro experience.Muscles Ligaments Tendons J. 2014; 4: 52-62
- “Humanized” stem cell culture techniques: The animal serum controversy.Stem Cells Int. 2011; 2011: 504723
Laudy AB, Bakker EW, Rekers M, Moen MH. Efficacy of platelet-rich plasma injections in osteoarthritis of the knee: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Br J Sports Med in press, available online 21 November, 2014. doi:10.1136/bjsports-2014-094036.
- Platelet-rich plasma: A milieu of bioactive factors.Arthroscopy. 2012; 28: 429-439
- Variability of platelet-rich plasma preparations.Sports Med Arthrosc. 2013; 21: 186-190
- Comparison of platelet-rich plasma formulations for cartilage healing: An in vitro study.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2014; 96: 423-429
Peter Cornelius Kreuz and Jan Philipp Krüger contributed equally.
The authors report the following potential conflict of interest or source of funding: J.P.K. receives support from TransTissue Technologies. German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF grant FKZ 01QE1314). U.F. receives support from TransTissue Technologies. Supported by Eurostars Program (German Federal Ministry of Education and Research, BMBF grant FKZ 01QE1314). M.E. receives support from TransTissue Technologies. Supported by Eurostars Program (German Federal Ministry of Education and Research, BMBF grant FKZ 01QE1314). Employee of TransTissue Technologies. A.P. receives support from German Heart Center. Advisory contract regarding pharmaceutical licenses. German Red Cross–Blood Donation Service. Lectures for leading physicians in transfusion services (Berlin Chamber of Physicians). W.P. receives support from Clinical Excellence Circle, Otto Bock Health Care, Karl Storz Endoscopy, and AAP Implants. C.K. receives support from TransTissue Technologies. Supported by Eurostars Program (German Federal Ministry of Education and Research, BMBF grant FKZ 01QE1314). Consultant of BioTissue. Employee of TransTissue Technologies.