Level of Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Arthroscopy
- Magnetic resonance imaging of the wrist: Diagnostic performance statistics.Clin Radiol. 2001; 56: 50-57
- Assessment of scapholunate instability and review of evidence for management in the absence of arthritis.J Hand Surg Eur. 2013; 38: 727-738
- Distal radial fractures and effects of associated ligament injuries.Department of Orthopedics, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden, Lund2000 (dissertation)
- Wrist ligament injuries—Diagnostics.Lakartidningen. 2011; 42 ([in Swedish]): 2096-2101
- Intracarpal soft-tissue lesions associated with an intra-articular fracture of the distal end of the radius.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1996; 78: 357-365
- Arthroscopic diagnosis of intra-articular soft tissue injuries associated with distal radial fractures.J Hand Surg Am. 1997; 22: 772-776
- Clinical assessment of the wrist.in: Cooney III, W.P. The wrist: Diagnosis and operative treatment. Ed 2. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia2010: 119-150
- Carpal instability.in: Green D.P. Hotchkiss R.N. Pederson W.C. Wolfe S.W. Green's operative hand surgery. Ed 5. Elsevier Churchill Livingstone, Philadelphia2005: 535-604
- The “ulnar fovea sign” for defining ulnar wrist pain: An analysis of sensitivity and specificity.J Hand Surg Am. 2007; 32: 438-444
- The natural course of traumatic triangular fibrocartilage complex tears in distal radial fractures: A 13-15 year follow-up of arthroscopically diagnosed but untreated injuries.J Hand Surg Am. 2012; 37: 1555-1560
- Clinical provocative tests used in evaluating wrist pain: A descriptive study.J Hand Ther. 1995; 8: 10-17
- Preferred reporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses: The PRISMA statement.J Clin Epidemiol. 2009; 62: 1006-1012
- QUADAS-2: A revised tool for the quality assessment of diagnostic accuracy studies.Ann Intern Med. 2011; 155: 529-536
- Does high-resolution MR imaging have better accuracy than standard MR imaging for evaluation of the triangular fibrocartilage complex?.J Hand Surg Br. 2000; 25: 487-491
- Magnetic resonance imaging for diagnosing lesions of the triangular fibrocartilage complex.Acta Orthop Belg. 2005; 71: 396-398
- Partial interosseous ligament tears of the wrist: Difficulty in utilizing either primary or secondary MRI signs.J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2001; 25: 671-676
- Comparison of 3-T MRI and arthroscopy of intrinsic wrist ligament and TFCC tears.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2009; 192: 80-85
- The effect of observer experience on magnetic resonance imaging interpretation and localization of triangular fibrocartilage complex lesions.J Hand Surg Am. 2001; 26: 742-748
- A comparison of the findings of wrist arthroscopy and magnetic resonance imaging in the investigation of wrist pain.J Hand Surg Br. 2001; 26: 544-546
- Provocative wrist tests and MRI are of limited diagnostic value for suspected wrist ligament injuries: A cross-sectional study.J Physiother. 2011; 57: 247-253
- Triangular fibrocartilage complex lesions: A classification.J Hand Surg Am. 1989; 14: 594-606
- Comparison between high-resolution MRI with a microscopy coil and arthroscopy in triangular fibrocartilage complex injury.J Hand Surg Am. 2006; 31: 1308-1314
- Intrinsic ligament and triangular fibrocartilage complex (TFCC) tears of the wrist: Comparison of isovolumetric 3D-THRIVE sequence MR arthrography and conventional MR image at 3 T.Magn Reson Imaging. 2013; 31: 221-226
- Dorsal scapholunate ligament injury: A classification of clinical forms.J Hand Surg Eur. 2013; 38: 165-169
- Intra- and interobserver reliability of digitally photodocumented findings in wrist arthroscopy.Handchir Mikrochir Plast Chir. 2010; 42: 287-292
- Arthroscopic findings in wrist with severe post-traumatic pain despite normal standard radiographs.J Hand Surg Br. 2004; 29: 208-213
- Distal radio-ulnar joint instability in children and adolescents after wrist trauma.J Hand Surg Eur. 2014; 39: 653-661
- Wrist arthroscopy in children and adolescents: A single surgeon experience of thirty-four cases.Int Orthop. 2012; 36: 1215-1220
See commentary on page 2021
This investigation conforms with the University of Gothenburg Human Research Protection Programme guidelines.
The authors report the following potential conflict of interest or source of funding: Funding for this project was provided by Sahlgrenska University Hospital and the University of Gothenburg.
ScienceDirectAccess this article on ScienceDirect
- Regarding “Efficacy of Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Clinical Tests in Diagnostics of Wrist Ligament Injuries: A Systematic Review”ArthroscopyVol. 31Issue 10
- PreviewIt was with great interest that we read the article “Efficacy of Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Clinical Tests in Diagnostics of Wrist Ligament Injuries: A Systematic Review” by Andersson et al.1 It is a well-conducted review. We agree completely with the conclusion that wrist arthroscopy remains the reference standard for diagnosing triangular fibrocartilage complex (TFCC) and intercarpal ligament lesions.