Level of Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The etiology of osteoarthritis of the hip: An integrated mechanical concept.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2008; 466: 264-272
- Femoroacetabular impingement: A cause for osteoarthritis of the hip.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2003; : 112-120
- Femoroacetabular impingement.J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2007; 15: 561-570
- Femoral head-neck junction deformity is related to osteoarthritis of the hip.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2010; 468: 1920-1925
- Can the alpha angle assessment of cam impingement predict acetabular cartilage delamination?.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2012; 470: 3361-3367
- Reliability of various observers in determining common radiographic parameters of adult hip structural anatomy.Iowa Orthop J. 2011; 31: 52-58
- Indications for total hip arthroplasty in young adults-idiopathic osteoarthritis seems to be overestimated.Rofo. 2012; 184: 239-247
- The prevalence of acetabular anomalies associated with pistol-grip-deformity in osteoarthritic hips.Orthop Traumatol Surg Res. 2013; 99: 37-45
- The prevalence of radiographic criteria of femoral acetabular impingement in patients undergoing hip arthroplasty surgery.Geriatr Orthop Surg Rehabil. 2014; 5: 21-26
- The contour of the femoral head-neck junction as a predictor for the risk of anterior impingement.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2002; 84: 556-560
- Subclinical slipped capital femoral epiphysis.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1997; 79: 1489-1497
- Comparison of six radiographic projections to assess femoral head/neck asphericity.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2006; 445: 181-185
- Hip Morphology influences the pattern of damage to the acetabular cartilage; femoroacetabular impingement as a cause of early osteoarthritis of the hip.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2005; 87: 1012-1018
- Reliability and agreement of measures used in radiographic evaluation of the adult hip.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2011; 469: 188-199
- Acetabular dysplasia in the adolescent and young adult.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1990; : 214-223
- Validity of the alpha angle measurement on plain radiographs in the evaluation of cam-type femoroacetabular impingement.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2011; 469: 464-469
- Three-dimensional computed tomography of the hip in the assessment of femoroacetabular impingement.J Orthop Res. 2005; 23: 1286-1292
- Sex differences of hip morphology in young adults with hip pain and labral tears.Arthroscopy. 2013; 29: 54-63
- The alpha angle in cam-type femoroacetabular impingement: New reference intervals based on 2038 healthy young adults.Bone Joint J. 2014; 96-B: 449-454
- Clinical presentation and disease characteristics of femoroacetabular impingement are sex-dependent.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2014; 96: 1683-1689
Li Y, Helvie P, Mead M, Gagnier J, Hammer MR, Jong N. Prevalence of femoroacetabular impingement morphology in asymptomatic adolescents [published online July 9, 2015]. J Pediatr Orthop. doi:10.1097/BPO.0000000000000598.
- The relationship between cam lesion and physis in the skeletally immature patients.J Pediatr Orthop. 2014; 34: 579-584
- Computed tomography assessment of hip joints in asymptomatic individuals in relation to femoroacetabular impingement.Am J Sports Med. 2010; 38: 1160-1165
- Comparison of MRI alpha angle measurement planes in femoroacetabular impingement.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2009; 467: 660-665
- The cam-type deformity of the proximal femur arises in childhood in response to vigorous sporting activity.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2011; 469: 3229-3240
- Outcomes 2 to 5 years following hip arthroscopy for femoroacetabular impingement in the patients aged 11 to 16 years.Arthroscopy. 2012; 28: 1255-1261
See commentary on page 2503
The authors report the following potential conflict of interest or source of funding: R.G. receives support from Stryker. J.R. receives support from Smith & Nephew.