Level of Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Predicting and preventing injury in major league baseball.Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ). 2016; 45: 152-156
- Epidemiology of medial ulnar collateral ligament reconstruction: A 10-year study in New York State.Am J Sports Med. 2016; 44: 729-734
- Exceeding pitch count recommendations in little league baseball increases the chance of requiring Tommy John surgery as a professional baseball pitcher.Orthop J Sports Med. 2017; 5 (2325967117695085)
- Arm pain in youth baseball players: A survey of healthy players.Am J Sports Med. 2015; 43: 41-46
- Risk factors for shoulder and elbow injuries in adolescent baseball pitchers.Am J Sports Med. 2006; 34: 905-912
- Ulnar collateral ligament reconstruction in high school baseball players: Clinical results and injury risk factors.Am J Sports Med. 2004; 32: 1158-1164
- Longitudinal study of elbow and shoulder pain in youth baseball pitchers.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2001; 33: 1803-1810
- Risk-prone pitching activities and injuries in youth baseball: Findings from a national sample.Am J Sports Med. 2014; 42: 1456-1463
- Effect of pitch type, pitch count, and pitching mechanics on risk of elbow and shoulder pain in youth baseball pitchers.Am J Sports Med. 2002; 30: 463-468
- The effect of pitching biomechanics on the upper extremity in youth and adolescent baseball pitchers.Am J Sports Med. 2009; 37: 1484-1491
- A biomechanical analysis of youth pitching mechanics.J Pediatr Orthop. 2008; 28: 452-459
- A biomechanical comparison of the fastball and curveball in adolescent baseball pitchers.Am J Sports Med. 2009; 37: 1492-1498
- An electromyographic analysis of the upper extremity in pitching.J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 1992; 1: 15-25
- A biomechanical comparison of youth baseball pitches: Is the curveball potentially harmful?.Am J Sports Med. 2008; 36: 686-692
- Kinetic comparison among the fastball, curveball, change-up, and slider in collegiate baseball pitchers.Am J Sports Med. 2006; 34: 423-430
- Differences among fastball, curveball, and change-up pitching biomechanics across various levels of baseball.Sports Biomech. 2016; 15: 128-138
- Effects of a simulated game on muscle activation in youth baseball pitchers.J Strength Cond Res. 2016; 30: 415-420
- Adolescent baseball pitching technique: A detailed three-dimensional biomechanical analysis.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2007; 39: 1347-1357
Camp CL, Tubbs TG, Fleisig GS, et al. The relationship of throwing arm mechanics and elbow varus torque: Within-subject variation for professional baseball pitchers across 82,000 throws [published online August 1, 2017]. Am J Sports Med. doi:10.1177/0363546517719047.
- Kinematic comparisons of throwing different types of baseball pitches.J Appl Biomech. 1998; 14: 1-23
- Risk of serious injury for young baseball pitchers: A 10-year prospective study.Am J Sports Med. 2011; 39: 253-257
- The curveball as a risk factor for injury: A systematic review.Sports Health. 2015; 7: 19-26
See commentary on page 823
The authors report that they have no conflicts of interest in the authorship and publication of this article. Full ICMJE author disclosure forms are available for this article online, as supplementary material.