Level of Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Approaches to planning lower extremity alignment for total knee arthroplasty and osteotomy about the knee.Adv Orthop Surg. 1983; 7: 69-88
- Osteotomies around the knee: Indications, planning, surgical techniques using plate fixators.Thieme, Stuttgart2008
- Medial open-wedge high tibial osteotomy with use of porous hydroxyapatite to treat medial compartment osteoarthritis of the knee.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2003; 85: 78-85
- Deformity planning for frontal and sagittal plane corrective osteotomies.Orthop Clin North Am. 1994; 25: 425-465
- High tibial osteotomy for osteoarthritis of the knee with valgus deformity.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1973; 55: 963-973
- Proximal tibial varus osteotomy for osteoarthritis of the lateral compartment of the knee.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1987; 69: 32-38
- Double level osteotomy of the knee: A method to retain joint-line obliquity: Clinical results.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2002; 84: 1380-1388
- Upper tibia osteotomy: Long term results—Realignment analysis using OASIS computer software.J Orthop Sci. 2008; 13: 328-334
Nakayama H, Schröter S, Yamamoto C, et al. Large correction in opening wedge high tibial osteotomy with resultant joint-line obliquity induces excessive shear stress on the articular cartilage [published online August 22, 2017]. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. doi:10.1007/s00167-017-4680-x.
- Usefulness of long tibial axis to measure medial tibial slope for opening wedge high tibial osteotomy.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2016; 24: 3661-3667
- Osteoarthrosis of the knee: A radiographic investigation.Acta Radiol Diagn (Stockh). 1968; 277: 7-72
- Rationale of the Knee Society clinical rating system.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1989; : 13-14
- Rating systems in the evaluation of knee ligament injuries.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1985; : 43-49
- Knee Injury and Osteoarthritis Outcome Score (KOOS): Development of a self-administered outcome measure.J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 1998; 28: 88-96
- Medial opening wedge high tibial osteotomy with early full weight bearing.Arthroscopy. 2009; 25: 46-53
- A “safe zone” in medial open-wedge high tibia osteotomy to prevent lateral cortex fracture.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2013; 21: 90-95
- Articular cartilage engineering with autologous chondrocyte transplantation. A review of recent developments.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2003; 85: 109-115
- Second-look arthroscopic assessment of cartilage regeneration after medial opening-wedge high tibial osteotomy.Arthroscopy. 2014; 30: 72-79
- Analysis of knee joint line obliquity after high tibial osteotomy.J Knee Surg. 2016; 29: 649-657
- Changes of knee joint and ankle joint orientations after high tibial osteotomy.Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2015; 23: 232-238
- The effects of valgus medial opening wedge high tibial osteotomy on articular cartilage pressure of the knee: A biomechanical study.Arthroscopy. 2007; 23: 852-861
- Is overcorrection preferable for repair of degenerated articular cartilage after open-wedge high tibial osteotomy?.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2017; 25: 785-792
- Proximal tibial osteotomy for osteoarthritis with varus deformity: A ten to thirteen-year follow-up study.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1987; 69: 332-354
- Articular cartilage changes in patients with osteoarthritis after osteotomy.Am J Sports Med. 2011; 39: 1039-1045
- dGEMRIC as a tool for measuring changes in cartilage quality following high tibial osteotomy: A feasibility study.Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2012; 20: 1134-1141
- Good functional results of distal femoral opening-wedge osteotomy of knees with lateral osteoarthritis.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2016; 24: 1702-1709
- Results of forty two computer-assisted double level osteotomies for severe genu varum deformity.Int Orthop. 2012; 36: 999-1003
The authors report that they have no conflicts of interest in the authorship and publication of this article. Full ICMJE author disclosure forms are available for this article online, as supplementary material.