Level of Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Septic arthritis of the shoulder: A comparison of treatment methods.J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2017; 25: e175-e184
- Surgical treatment of shoulder infections: A comparison between arthroscopy and arthrotomy.J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2017; 26: 1915-1921
- Arthroscopic management of septic arthritis of the native shoulder: A systematic review.Arthroscopy. 2018; 34: 625-646.e621
- Arthroscopic management of native shoulder septic arthritis.J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2013; 22: 418-421
- Destructive septic arthritis of shoulder in adults.Musculoskelet Surg. 2014; 98: 35-39
- Inaccuracies in ICD coding for obesity would be expected to bias administrative database spine studies toward overestimating the impact of obesity on perioperative adverse outcomes.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2018; 43: 526-532
- Administrative databases can yield false conclusions—An example of obesity in total joint arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2017; 32: S86-S90
- How common—and how serious—is Clostridium difficile colitis after geriatric hip fracture? Findings from the NSQIP dataset.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2018; 476: 453-462
- Arthrotomy versus arthroscopy in the treatment of septic arthritis of the knee in adults: A randomized clinical trial.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2016; 24: 3155-3162
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infection is a risk factor for unplanned return to the operating room in the surgical treatment of a septic knee.J Knee Surg. 2017; 30: 872-878
- Discrepancies in the definition of “outpatient” surgeries and their effect on study outcomes related to ACDF and lumbar discectomy procedures: A retrospective analysis of 45,204 cases.Clin Spine Surg. 2018; 31: E152-E159
- Outpatient elective posterior lumbar fusions appear to be safely considered for appropriately selected patients.Spine J. 2018; 18: 1188-1196
- Discriminative ability of commonly used indices to predict adverse outcomes after poster lumbar fusion: A comparison of demographics, ASA, the modified Charlson Comorbidity Index, and the modified Frailty Index.Spine J. 2018; 18: 44-52
- Similar 30-day complications for septic knee arthritis treated with arthrotomy or arthroscopy: An American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program analysis.Arthroscopy. 2018; 34: 213-219
- Multiple P-values and Bonferroni correction.Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2016; 24: 763-764
- Arthroscopic versus open ankle arthrodesis: A multicenter comparative case series.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2013; 95: 98-102
- Aseptic revision total hip arthroplasty in the elderly: Quantifying the risks for patients over 80 years old.Bone Joint J. 2018; 100-B: 143-151
ACS-NSQIP. User Guide for the 2015 ACS NSQIP Participant Use Data File. American College of Surgeons. https://www.facs.org/~/media/files/quality%20programs/nsqip/nsqip_puf_user_guide_2015.ashx.
- Definitional differences of ‘outpatient’ versus ‘inpatient’ THA and TKA can affect study outcomes.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2017; 475: 2917-2925
The authors report the following potential conflicts of interest or sources of funding: S.J.N. reports nonfinancial support from AlloSource , other from American Journal of Orthopedics, other from American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, nonfinancial support from Arthrex , Inc, other from Arthroscopy Association of North America, nonfinancial support from Athletico , nonfinancial support from DJ Orthopaedics, nonfinancial support from Linvatec , nonfinancial support from Miomed, personal fees from Ossur, nonfinancial support from Smith & Nephew, personal fees and nonfinancial support from Springer, nonfinancial support from Stryker , outside the submitted work. J.N.G. is a past paid consultant for Stryker, Medtronic , Bioventus , and TIDI Products and is a clinical trial subinvestigator with Pfizer, Spinal Kinetics, and Orthofix. Full ICMJE author disclosure forms are available for this article online, as supplementary material.
This publication was made possible by the Yale School of Medicine Medical Student Research Fellowship at Yale School of Medicine.