Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Ultrasonic evaluation of the repair integrity can predict functional outcomes after arthroscopic double-row rotator cuff repair.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2015; 23: 376-385
- The outcome and repair integrity of completely arthroscopically repaired large and massive rotator cuff tears.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2004; 86-A: 219-224
- Factors predicting rotator cuff retears: An analysis of 1000 consecutive rotator cuff repairs.Am J Sports Med. 2014; 42: 1134-1142
- Repair integrity and functional outcome after arthroscopic double-row rotator cuff repair. A prospective outcome study.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2007; 89: 953-960
- Repair site integrity after arthroscopic transosseous-equivalent suture-bridge rotator cuff repair.Am J Sports Med. 2008; 36: 1496-1503
- Vascularity of the supraspinatus tendon three months after repair: Characterization using contrast-enhanced ultrasound.J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2010; 19: 73-80
- The biology of rotator cuff healing.Orthop Traumatol Surg Res. 2017; 103: S1-S10
- Biologic augmentation of rotator cuff repair with mesenchymal stem cells during arthroscopy improves healing and prevents further tears: A case-controlled study.Int Orthop. 2014; 38: 1811-1818
- A systematic review of the clinical applications and complications of bone marrow aspirate concentrate in management of bone defects and nonunions.Int Orthop. 2017; 41: 2213-2220
- A systematic review of the concept and clinical applications of bone marrow aspirate concentrate in tendon pathology.SICOT J. 2017; 3: 58
- Conventional rotator cuff repair complemented by the aid of mononuclear autologous stem cells.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2012; 20: 373-377
- Multipotent mesenchymal stem cells from human subacromial bursa: Potential for cell-based tendon tissue engineering.Tissue Eng Part A. 2014; 20: 239-249
- Characterization of bursa subacromialis-derived mesenchymal stem cells.Stem Cell Res Ther. 2015; 6: 114
- Isolation and characterization of human mesenchymal stem cells derived from shoulder tissues involved in rotator cuff tears.Am J Sports Med. 2013; 41: 657-668
- Minimal criteria for defining multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells. The International Society for Cellular Therapy position statement.Cytotherapy. 2006; 8: 315-317
- Surgical repair of rotator cuff ruptures. The importance of the subacromial bursa.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1991; 73: 399-401
- Human subacromial bursal cells display superior engraftment versus bone marrow stromal cells in murine tendon repair.Am J Sports Med. 2018; 46: 3511-3520
- A novel and effective strategy for the isolation of adipose-derived stem cells: Minimally manipulated adipose-derived stem cells for more rapid and safe stem cell therapy.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2014; 133: 1406-1409
- Fibrous synovium releases higher numbers of mesenchymal stem cells than adipose synovium in a suspended synovium culture model.Arthroscopy. 2017; 33: 800-810
- Bone marrow aspirate in the treatment of chondral injuries.Front Surg. 2016; 3: 33
- Use of acellular cadaveric dermis and tissue expansion in postmastectomy breast reconstruction.J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2007; 60: 1214-1218
See commentary on page 86
Investigation performed at UConn Health, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Farmington, CT.
The authors report the following potential conflicts of interest or sources of funding: A.D.M. is a paid consultant for Arthrex, as well as receives research financial support from Arthrex , outside the submitted work. Full ICMJE author disclosure forms are available for this article online, as supplementary material.