Level of Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Proximal tibiofibular joint instability and treatment approaches: A systematic review of the literature.Arthroscopy. 2017; 33: 1743-1751
- The proximal tibiofibular joint: A biomechanical analysis of the anterior and posterior ligamentous complexes.Am J Sports Med. 2017; 45: 1888-1892
- Anatomic reconstruction of the proximal tibiofibular joint.Arthrosc Tech. 2016; 5: e207-e210
- Is stability of the proximal tibiofibular joint important in the multiligament-injured knee?.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2014; 472: 2691-2697
- An isolated proximal tibiofibular joint dislocation in a young male playing soccer: A case report.Cases J. 2009; 2: 7261
- Subluxation and dislocation of the proximal tibiofibular joint.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1974; 56: 145-154
- Instability of the proximal tibiofibular joint.J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2003; 11: 120-128
- Proximal tibiofibular subluxation relationship to lateral knee pain: A review of proximal tibiofibular joint pathologies.J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 1995; 21: 248-257
- The forgotten joint: Quantifying the anatomy of the proximal tibiofibular joint.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2018; 26: 1096-1103
- Dislocation of the superior tibiofibular joint.Injury. 1985; 16: 494-498
- The anatomy and function of the proximal tibiofibular joint.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1974; 101: 186-191
- Proximal tibiofibular joint: Anatomic-pathologic-radiographic correlation.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 1978; 131: 133-138
- Stabilization of chronic proximal tibiofibular joint instability with a semitendinosus graft.Acta Orthop Belg. 2010; 76: 830-833
- Anatomic reconstruction of chronic symptomatic anterolateral proximal tibiofibular joint instability.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2010; 18: 1452-1455
- The posterolateral attachments of the knee: A qualitative and quantitative morphologic analysis of the fibular collateral ligament, popliteus tendon, popliteofibular ligament, and lateral gastrocnemius tendon.Am J Sports Med. 2003; 31: 854-860
- Research pearls: The significance of statistics and perils of pooling. Part 1: Clinical versus statistical significance.Arthroscopy. 2017; 33: 1102-1112
- Bilateral, atraumatic, proximal tibiofibular joint instability.Orthopedics. 2011; 34: 133
The authors report the following potential conflicts of interest or sources of funding: R.F.L. receives royalties from Arthrex and Smith & Nephew; is a paid consultant for Arthrex, Ossur, and Smith & Nephew; receives research support from Arthrex, Linvatec, Ossur, and Smith & Nephew; is on the editorial or governing board of the American Journal of Sports Medicine and Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy; and has member or committee appointments for American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery & Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, and Arthroscopy Association of North America. Full ICMJE author disclosure forms are available for this article online, as supplementary material.