Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Accessed December 9, 2018)
- Google Scholar to overshadow them all? Comparing the sizes of 12 academic search engines and bibliographic databases.Scientometrics. 2019; 118: 177-214
- “Open Access” requires clarification: Medical journal publication models evolve.Arthroscopy. 2017; 33: 497-499
Beel J, Gipp B. Google Scholar’s ranking algorithm: An introductory overview. Presented at the Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Scientometrics and Informetrics (ISSI’09), vol. 1, pp. 230-241. 2009.
Beel J, Gipp B. Google Scholar's ranking algorithm: The impact of citation counts (an empirical study). Presented at the 2009 Third International Conference on Research Challenges in Information Science, pp. 439-446. IEEE, 2009.
- To attract or to inform: What are titles for?.J Technical Writing Commun. 2005; 35: 203-213
- There's more to the title than meets the eye: Exploring the possibilities.J Technical Writing Commun. 2007; 37: 95-101
- Making the right treatment decision requires consideration of utility and reconsideration of value.Arthroscopy. 2017; 33: 239-241
- The length and semantic structure of article titles—evolving disciplinary practices and correlations with impact.Front Res Metrics Anal. 2017; 2: 2
- The Official Blog of the journal of European Psychology Students.https://blog.efpsa.org/2012/09/01/how-to-write-a-good-title-for-journal-articles/Date accessed: November 13, 2019
- Traumatic glenohumeral bone defects and their relationship to failure of arthroscopic Bankart repairs: Significance of the inverted-pear glenoid and the humeral engaging Hill-Sachs lesion.Arthroscopy. 2000; 16: 677-694
- SLAP lesions of the shoulder.Arthroscopy. 1990; 6: 274-279
- Cartilage injuries: A review of 31,516 knee arthroscopies.Arthroscopy. 1997; 13: 456-460
- Outcomes of microfracture for traumatic chondral defects of the knee: Average 11-year follow-up.Arthroscopy. 2003; 19: 477-484
- The disabled throwing shoulder: Spectrum of pathology Part I: Pathoanatomy and biomechanics.Arthroscopy. 2003; 19: 404-420
- The advantage of short paper titles.Royal Soc Open Sci. 2015; 2: 150266
- Metamorphic robustness testing: Exposing hidden defects in citation statistics and journal impact factors.IEEE Trans Software Engin. 2019 May 7;
- The impact of article titles on citation hits: An analysis of general and specialist medical journals.JRSM Short Rep. 2010; 1: 1-5
- Article title type and its relation with the number of downloads and citations.Scientometrics. 2011; 88: 653-661
- Research paper titles in literature, linguistics and science: Dimensions of attraction.J Pragmatics. 2004; 36: 293-317
- Structure of a scholarly manuscript: 66 tips for what goes where.J Athl Train. 1996; 31: 201-206
- Articles with short titles describing the results are cited more often.Clinics. 2012; 67: 509-513
- Avoiding obscure topics and generalising findings produces higher impact research.Scientometrics. 2017; 110: 307-320
- How to Choose the Best Title for Your Journal Manuscript.https://wordvice.com/best-title-for-journal-manuscript/Date accessed: November 13, 2019
- The effect of a country’s name in the title of a publication on its visibility and citability.Scientometrics. 2016; 109: 1895-1909
- Hyphens in paper titles harm citation counts and journal impact factors.https://phys.org/news/2019-05-hyphens-paper-titles-citation-journal.htmlDate accessed: November 13, 2019
The authors report the following potential conflict of interest or source of funding: M.J.R. and J.C.B. report personal fees from the AANA , during the conduct of the study. Full ICMJE author disclosure forms are available for this article online, as supplementary material.