Level of Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Survival of opening versus closing wedge high tibial osteotomy: A meta-analysis.Sci Rep. 2017; 7: 7296
- Osteotomy for medial compartment arthritis of the knee using a closing wedge or an opening wedge controlled by a Puddu plate. A one-year randomised, controlled study.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2006; 88: 1454-1459
- Proximal tibial osteotomy for osteoarthritis with varus deformity. A ten to thirteen-year follow-up study.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1987; 69: 332-354
- Open-wedge high tibial osteotomy: Incidence of lateral cortex fractures and influence of fixation device on osteotomy healing.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2017; 25: 832-837
- Complications and short-term outcomes of medial opening wedge high tibial osteotomy using a locking plate for medial osteoarthritis of the knee.Knee Surg Relat Res. 2016; 28: 289-296
- Incidence and predictors of lateral hinge fractures following medial opening-wedge high tibial osteotomy using locking plate system: Better performance of computed tomography scans.J Arthroplasty. 2019; 34: 846-851
- Fractures around the lateral cortical hinge after a medial opening-wedge high tibial osteotomy: A new classification of lateral hinge fracture.Arthroscopy. 2012; 28: 85-94
- Predictive factors for and detection of lateral hinge fractures following open wedge high tibial osteotomy: Plain radiography versus computed tomography.Arthroscopy. 2018; 34: 3073-3079
- The prevention of a lateral hinge fracture as a complication of a medial opening wedge high tibial osteotomy: A case control study.Bone Joint J. 2017; 99B: 887-893
- Appropriate hinge position for prevention of unstable lateral hinge fracture in open wedge high tibial osteotomy.Bone Joint J. 2017; 99B: 1313-1318
- Editorial Commentary: Lateral hinge fracture in high tibial osteotomy: Risk or annex?.Arthroscopy. 2018; 34: 3080-3081
- Extra-articular lateral hinge fracture does not affect the outcomes in medial open-wedge high tibial osteotomy using a locked plate system.Arthroscopy. 2018; 34: 3246-3255
Song KY, Koh IJ, Kim MS, Choi NY, Jeong JH, In Y. Early experience of lateral hinge fracture during medial opening-wedge high tibial osteotomy: Incidence and clinical outcomes [published online July 4, 2019]. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00402-019-03237-0.
- Preferred reporting items for systematic review and meta-analysis protocols (PRISMA-P) 2015 statement.Syst Rev. 2015; 4: 1
- Methodological index for non-randomized studies (MINORS): Development and validation of a new instrument.ANZ J Surg. 2003; 73: 712-716
- In-office needle arthroscopy: A systematic review of indications and clinical utility.Arthroscopy. 2019; 35: 2709-2721
- The effects of clinical and statistical heterogeneity on the predictive values of results from meta-analyses.Clin Microbiol Infect. 2014; 20: 123-129
- Smoking and unstable hinge fractures cause delayed gap filling irrespective of early weight bearing after open wedge osteotomy.Arthroscopy. 2015; 31: 254-265
Gulagaci F, Jacquet C, Ehlinger M, et al. A protective hinge wire, intersecting the osteotomy plane, can reduce the occurrence of perioperative hinge fractures in medial opening wedge osteotomy [published online November 26, 2019]. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00167-019-05806-7.
- Hinge fractures are underestimated on plain radiographs after open wedge proximal tibial osteotomy: Evaluation by computed tomography.Am J Sports Med. 2019; 47: 1370-1375
- Diagnostic value of computed tomography and risk factors for lateral hinge fracture in the open wedge high tibial osteotomy.Arthroscopy. 2018; 34: 1032-1043
- Radiographic and computed tomographic evaluation of bone union after medial opening wedge high tibial osteotomy with filling gap.Knee. 2017; 24: 1108-1117
- ([updated March 2011])Higgins J.P.T. Green S. Cochrane handbook for systematic reviews of interventions. Version 5.1.0. The Cochrane Collaboration, London2014
- The effect of lateral cortex disruption and repair on the stability of the medial opening wedge high tibial osteotomy.Am J Sports Med. 2005; 33: 1552-1557
- Opposite cortical fracture in high tibial osteotomy: Lateral closing compared to the medial opening-wedge technique.Acta Orthop. 2008; 79: 508-514
- Open wedge high tibial osteotomy: Biomechanical investigation of the modified Arthrex Osteotomy Plate (Puddu Plate) and the TomoFix Plate.Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon). 2004; 19: 944-950
- Locking Compression Plate (LCP). An osteosynthesis plate based on the Dynamic Compression Plate and the Point Contact Fixator (PC-Fix).Injury. 2001; 32: 63-66
- A "safe zone" in medial open-wedge high tibia osteotomy to prevent lateral cortex fracture.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2013; 21: 90-95
The authors report no conflicts of interest in the authorship and publication of this article. Full ICMJE author disclosure forms are available for this article online, as supplementary material.