Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Innovation in medical education.N Engl J Med. 2014; 371: 794-795
- Magellan and Copernicus: Arthroscopy Association of North America Seeking Excellence in Education.Arthroscopy. 2015; 31: 1428-1429
- Proficiency-based virtual reality training significantly reduces the error rate for residents during their first 10 laparoscopic cholecystectomies.Am J Surg. 2007; 193: 797-804
- Metric-based simulation training to proficiency in medical education: What it is and how to do it.Ulster Med J. 2012; 81: 107-113
- Fundamentals of surgical simulation: Principles and practices.Springer, London2012
- Prospective, randomized, double-blind trial of curriculum-based training for intracorporeal suturing and knot tying.J Am Coll Surg. 2008; 207: 560-568
- Virtual reality training improves operating room performance: Results of a randomized, double-blinded study.Ann Surg. 2002; 236: 458-464
- Metric development for an arthroscopic Bankart procedure: Assessment of face and content validity.Arthroscopy. 2015; 31: 1430-1440
- The Bankart performance metrics combined with a shoulder model simulator create a precise and accurate training tool for measuring surgeon skill.Arthroscopy. 2015; 31: 1639-1654
- The Bankart performance metrics combined with a cadaveric shoulder create a precise and accurate assessment tool for measuring surgeon skill.Arthroscopy. 2015; 31: 1655-1670
- Objective assessment of knot-tying proficiency with the fundamentals of arthroscopic surgery training program workstation and knot tester.Arthroscopy. 2015; 31: 1872-1879
- A proficiency-based progression training curriculum coupled with a model simulator results in the acquisition of a superior arthroscopic Bankart skill set.Arthroscopy. 2015; 31: 1854-1871
- Prospective, randomised and blinded comparison of proficiency-based progression full-physics virtual reality simulator training versus invasive vascular experience for learning carotid artery angiography by very experienced operators.BMJ Simulation Technol Enhanced Learning. 2016; 2: 1-5
- Proficiency-based progression training: an ‘end to end’model for decreasing error applied to achievement of effective epidural analgesia during labour: A randomised control study.BMJ Open. 2018; 8e020099
- Utilising the Delphi process to develop a proficiency-based progression train-the-trainer course for robotic surgery training.Eur Urol. 2019; 75: 775-785
- Arthroscopic rotator cuff repair metrics: establishing face, content, and construct validity in a cadaveric model.Arthroscopy. 2020; 36 (e71): 71-79
- Standards for Education and psychological testing.AERA, Washington, DC2014
- Stata statistical software: Release 16.StataCorp LLC, College Station,TX2019
- Effect of proficiency based progression simulation training and standard simulation training on Isbar performance. A randomized controlled trial.BMJ Open. 2019; 2019
- Objective structured assessment of technical skills and checklist scales reliability compared for high stakes assessments.ANZ J Surg. 2014; 84: 568-573
- AO international consensus panel for metrics on a closed reduction and fixation of a 31A2 pertrochanteric fracture.Injury. 2018; 49: 2227-2233
- The role of deliberate practice in the acquisition of expert performance.Psychol Rev. 1993; 100: 363-406
- Inter-rater reliability for metrics scored in a binary fashion—performance assessment for an arthroscopic Bankart repair.Arthroscopy. 2018; 34: 2191-2198
- Fundamental principles of validation, and reliability: Rigorous science for the assessment of surgical education and training.Surg Endosc. 2003; 17: 1525-1529
See commentary on page 1107
This work was supported by Arthroscopy Association of North America Education Foundation.
The authors report the following potential conflicts of interest or sources of funding: J.T. reports consultancy for CONMED, KFx Medical; and patent and stock options for FKx Medical. Full ICMJE author disclosure forms are available for this article online, as supplementary material.