Level of Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Epidemiology of anterior cruciate ligament injury in Italian first division soccer players.Sports Health. 2020; 12: 279-288
- Bridge-enhanced anterior cruciate ligament repair is not inferior to autograft anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction at 2 years: results of a prospective randomized clinical trial.Am J Sports Med. 2020; 48: 1305-1315
- Nonoperative choice of anterior cruciate ligament partial tear: ultrasound-guided platelet-rich plasma injection.J Med Ultrasound. 2019; 27: 148-150
- Young age and high BMI are predictors of early revision surgery after primary anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: a cohort study from the Swedish and Norwegian knee ligament registries based on 30,747 patients.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2019; 27: 3583-3591
Wang Y, Lei G, Zeng C, et al. Comparative risk-benefit profiles of individual devices for graft fixation in anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: a systematic review and network meta-analysis [published online April 29, 2020]. Arthroscopy. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arthro.2020.04.023.
Yoon KH, Hwang IU, Kim EJ, Kwon YB, Kim S-G. Anterolateral ligament reconstruction improves anteroposterior stability as well as rotational stability in revision anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction with high-grade pivot shift [Published online May 5, 2020]. J Knee Surg. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0040-1708055.
Hurley ET, Fried JW, Kingery MT, Strauss EJ, Alaia MJ. Antero-lateral ligament reconstruction improves knee stability alongside anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction [published online April 22, 2020]. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00167-020-06002-8.
- Outcomes and risk factors of rerevision anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: a systematic review.Arthroscopy. 2016; 32: 2151-2159
- Meniscus or cartilage injury at the time of anterior cruciate ligament tear is associated with worse prognosis for patient-reported outcome 2 to 10 years after anterior cruciate ligament injury: a systematic review.J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2020; 50: 490-502
- A comparison of the clinical outcome after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction using a hamstring tendon autograft with special emphasis on the timing of the reconstruction.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2011; 19: 488-494
- Impact of surgical timing on clinical outcomes in anatomic double-bundle anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction using hamstring tendon autografts.Orthop J Sports Med. 2019; 7 (2325967119880553)
- Early or delayed anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: Is one superior? A systematic review and meta-analysis.Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol. 2019; 29: 1277-1289
- Editorial commentary: “Defer no time, delays have dangerous ends” (Henry VI, Shakespeare): delayed anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction has consequences.Arthroscopy. 2018; 34: 1918-1920
- The long-term outcome after early and late anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction.Arthroscopy. 2018; 34: 1907-1917
- Acute ACL reconstruction shows superior clinical results and can be performed safely without an increased risk of developing arthrofibrosis.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2020; 28: 2036-2043
Helito PVP, Bartholomeeusen S, Claes S, Rodrigues MB, Helito CP. Magnetic resonance imaging evaluation of the anterolateral ligament and the iliotibial band in acute anterior cruciate ligament injuries associated with second fractures [published online February 13, 2020]. Arthroscopy. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arthro.2020.02.005.
- Visualization of concurrent anterolateral and anterior cruciate ligament injury on magnetic resonance imaging.Arthroscopy. 2020; 36: 1086-1091
- Study of the nerve endings and mechanoreceptors of the anterolateral ligament of the knee.Arthroscopy. 2019; 35: 2918-2927
- Magnetic resonance imaging evaluation of the anterolateral ligament in acute anterior cruciate ligament injuries in an adolescent population.Arthroscopy. 2019; 35: 2136-2142
- The anterolateral ligament: an anatomic study on sex-based differences.Orthop J Sports Med. 2017; 5 (2325967116689387)
- Anatomy of the anterolateral ligament of the knee: a systematic review.Arthroscopy. 2019; 35: 670-681
- Combined reconstruction of the anterolateral ligament in chronic ACL injuries leads to better clinical outcomes than isolated ACL reconstruction.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2018; 26: 3652-3659
- Effect of the timing of anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction on clinical and stability outcomes: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Arthroscopy. 2018; 34: 592-602
- Will early reconstruction prevent abnormal kinematics after ACL injury? Two-year follow-up using dynamic radiostereometry in 14 patients operated with hamstring autografts.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2011; 19: 1634-1642
- Combined reconstruction of the anterolateral ligament in patients with anterior cruciate ligament injury and ligamentous hyperlaxity leads to better clinical stability and a lower failure rate than isolated anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction.Arthroscopy. 2019; 35: 2648-2654
- Combined ACL and anterolateral reconstruction is not associated with a higher risk of adverse outcomes: preliminary results from the SANTI randomized controlled trial.Orthop J Sports Med. 2020; 8 (2325967120918490)
- Combined anterior cruciate and anterolateral ligament reconstruction in the professional athlete: Clinical outcomes from the Scientific Anterior Cruciate Ligament Network International Study Group in a series of 70 patients with a minimum follow-up of 2 years.Arthroscopy. 2019; 35: 885-892
- Combined anterior cruciate ligament and anterolateral ligament reconstruction.Arthrosc Tech. 2016; 5: e1253-e1259
- Translation and cross-cultural adaptation of the Brazilian version of the International Knee Documentation Committee Subjective Knee Form: validity and reproducibility.Am J Sports Med. 2010; 38: 1894-1899
- Questionário específico para sintomas do joelho“ Lysholm Knee Scoring Scale”: tradução e validação para a língua portuguesa.Acta Ortop Bras. 2006; 14: 268-272
- New trends in anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: a systematic review of national surveys of the last 5 years.Joints. 2018; 6: 177-187
- Emerging trends in anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction.J Knee Surg. 2017; 30: 63-69
- Arthrofibrosis in acute anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. The effect of timing of reconstruction and rehabilitation.Am J Sports Med. 1991; 19: 332-336
- Arthroscopy-assisted anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction using patellar tendon substitution. Two- to four-year follow-up results.Am J Sports Med. 1994; 22: 758-767
- A randomized trial of treatment for acute anterior cruciate ligament tears.N Engl J Med. 2010; 363: 331-342
- A comparison of acute and chronic anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction using LARS artificial ligaments: a randomized prospective study with a 5-year follow-up.Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2015; 135: 95-102
- Postoperative range of motion following anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction using autograft hamstrings: a prospective, randomized clinical trial of early versus delayed reconstructions.Am J Sports Med. 2008; 36: 656-662
- Arthroscopically assisted anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction with the pes anserine tendons. Comparison of results in acute and chronic ligament deficiency.Am J Sports Med. 1993; 21: 249-256
- Factors associated with high-grade Lachman, pivot shift, and anterior drawer at the time of anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction.Arthroscopy. 2016; 32: 1080-1085
- Tibiofemoral kinematics of the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL)-deficient weightbearing, living knee employing vertical access open “interventional” multiple resonance imaging.Am J Sports Med. 2004; 32: 720-726
- Research pearls: the significance of statistics and perils of pooling. Part 1: clinical versus statistical significance.Arthroscopy. 2017; 33: 1102-1112
- Responsiveness of the International Knee Documentation Committee Subjective Knee Form in comparison to the Western Ontario and McMaster Universities Osteoarthritis Index, modified Cincinnati Knee Rating System, and Short Form 36 in patients with focal articular cartilage defects.Am J Sports Med. 2010; 38: 891-902
- The reliability, validity, and responsiveness of the Lysholm score and Tegner activity scale for anterior cruciate ligament injuries of the knee: 25 years later.Am J Sports Med. 2009; 37: 890-897
- Relationship between time to ACL reconstruction and presence of adverse changes in the knee at the time of reconstruction.Orthop J Sports Med. 2018; 6 (2325967118813917)
- Correlation of meniscal tear with timing of anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction in patients without initially concurrent meniscal tear.J Knee Surg. 2019; 32: 1128-1132
- Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction performed within 12 months of the index injury is associated with a lower rate of medial meniscus tears.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2019; 27: 117-123
- Association between meniscal and chondral lesions and timing of anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction.Orthop J Sports Med. 2016; 4 (2325967116669309)
Saithna A, Daggett M, Helito CP, et al. Clinical Results of Combined ACL and Anterolateral Ligament Reconstruction: A Narrative Review from the SANTI Study Group [published online February 5, 2020]. J Knee Surg. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0040-1701220.
- Computed tomography (CT), X-ray, and MRI evaluation of two anterolateral knee reconstruction techniques: lateral extra-articular tenodesis (LET) and the anterolateral ligament (ALL) reconstruction.Skeletal Radiol. 2020; 49: 1037-1049
- The anterolateral complex of the knee: results from the International ALC Consensus Group Meeting.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2019; 27: 166-176
- Anterolateral Ligament Expert Group consensus paper on the management of internal rotation and instability of the anterior cruciate ligament–deficient knee.J Orthop Traumatol. 2017; 18: 91-106
Ahn JH, Lee SK, Mun JW, Kim SW. Degree of anterolateral ligament injury impacts outcomes after double-bundle anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction [published online September 16, 2020]. Arthroscopy. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arthro.2020.09.003
- Anterolateral ligament reconstruction as an augmented procedure for double-bundle anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction restores rotational stability: quantitative evaluation of the pivot shift test using an inertial sensor.Knee. 2020; 27: 397-405
Hamido F, Habiba AA, Marwan Y, et al. Anterolateral ligament reconstruction improves the clinical and functional outcomes of anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction in athletes [published online July 2, 2020]. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00167-020-06119-w.
- Surgical indications for anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction combined with extra-articular lateral tenodesis or anterolateral ligament reconstruction.Rev Bras Ortop. 2018; 53: 661-667
The Authors Report That They Have No Conflicts Of Interest In The Authorship And Publication Of This Article. Full ICMJE author disclosure forms are available for this article online, as supplementary material.