Level of Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Effects of traction, distension, and joint position on distraction of the hip joint: An experimental study in cadavers.Arthroscopy. 2002; 18: 865-871
- Hip arthroscopy: Surgical approach, positioning, and distraction.Clinical Orthop Relat Res. 2003; : 29-37
- Evaluation of a joint distractor to facilitate arthroscopy of the hip joint in dogs.J Small Anim Pract. 2014; 55: 603-608
- Complications of arthroscopic surgery of the hip.Bone Joint Res. 2012; 1: 131-144
- Risk of sciatic nerve traction injury during hip arthroscopy—Is it the amount or duration? An intraoperative nerve monitoring study.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2012; 94: 2025-2032
- Patient-specific factors influencing the traction forces in hip arthroscopy.Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2017; 137: 81-87
- Complications following arthroscopic surgery of the hip.Bone Joint J. 2017; 99-B: 1577-1583
- Traction-related problems after hip arthroscopy.J Hip Preserv Surg. 2017; 4: hnw044
- Incidence of nerve injury after hip arthroscopy.J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2018; 26: 773-778
- The hip fluid seal-Part I: The effect of an acetabular labral tear, repair, resection, and reconstruction on hip fluid pressurization.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2014; 22: 722-729
- The hip fluid seal—Part II: The effect of an acetabular labral tear, repair, resection, and reconstruction on hip stability to distraction.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2014; 22: 730-736
- The 2007 Frank Stinchfield Award. The biomechanics of the hip labrum and the stability of the hip.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2007; 465: 16-22
- The proximal hip joint capsule and the zona orbicularis contribute to hip joint stability in distraction.J Orthop Res. 2009; 27: 989-995
- Traction force for peroperative hip dislocation in hip arthroscopy.Hip Int. 2020; 30: 333-338
- Use of air arthrograms to aid in joint distraction during hip arthroscopic surgery decreases postoperative pain and opioid requirements.Orthop J Sports Med. 2019; 7 (2325967119837389)
The authors report the following potential conflicts of interest or sources of funding: D.C.O. reports personal fees from Active Medica and Acumed , outside the submitted work. T.G.M. reports personal fees from Arthrex , Zimmer Biomet, Stryker , and Vericel, outside the submitted work. S.K.A. reports personal fees from Stryker , Active Medical, and Smith & Nephew, outside the submitted work. Full ICMJE author disclosure forms are available for this article online, as supplementary material.
The data from this paper have been presented previously at International Society for Hip Arthroscopy (ISHA) on October 2, 2020.
The work for this manuscript was performed at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City, Utah, U.S.A.
See commentary on page 2171