Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Rotator cuff repair: a review of surgical techniques, animal models, and new technologies under development.J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2016; 25: 2078-2085
- Exercise rehabilitation in the non-operative management of rotator cuff tears: A review of the literature.Int J Sports Phys Ther. 2016; 11: 279-301
- Costs analysis of successful rotator cuff repair surgery: An outcome study. Comparison of gatekeeper system in surgical patients.Arthroscopy. 1995; 11: 672-676
- Persistent shoulder pain: Epidemiology, pathophysiology, and diagnosis.Am J Orthop. 2005; 34 (suppl): 5-9
- Steps in the undertaking of a systematic review in orthopaedic surgery.Int Orthop. 2012; 36: 477-484
- Family physicians’ use of medical abstracts to guide decision making: style or substance?.J Am Board Fam Pract. 2001; 14: 437-442
- A new classification of spin in systematic reviews and meta-analyses was developed and ranked according to the severity.J Clin Epidemiol. 2016; 75: 56-65
- The PRISMA statement for reporting systematic reviews and meta-analyses of studies that evaluate health care interventions: Explanation and elaboration.PLoS Med. 2009; 6e1000100
- Guidelines for reporting meta-epidemiological methodology research.Evid Based Med. 2017; 22: 139-142
- Rotator cuff injury—spin.https://osf.io/x4gfm/Date accessed: July 7, 2020
- Evaluation of spin in the abstracts of systematic reviews and meta-analyses focused on the treatment of acne vulgaris: Cross-sectional analysis.JMIR Dermatol. 2020; 3e16978
- Preferred reporting items for systematic review and meta-analysis protocols (PRISMA-P) 2015: Elaboration and explanation.BMJ. 2015; 350: g7647
- Rayyan Systems, Inc.https://www.rayyan.ai/Date accessed: June 2, 2020
- Introduction to systematic review and meta-analysis.https://www.coursera.org/learn/systematic-reviewDate accessed: June 13, 2020
- PRISMA for Abstracts: Reporting systematic reviews in journal and conference abstracts.PLoS Med. 2013; 10e1001419
- An evaluation of spin in lower extremity joint trials.J Arthroplasty. 2019; 34: 1008-1012
- Presence of “spin” in the abstracts and titles of anaesthesiology randomised controlled trials.Br J Anaesth. 2019; 122: e13-e14
Reynolds-Vaughn V, Riddle J, Brown J, Schiesel M, Wayant C, Vassar M. Evaluation of spin in the abstracts of emergency medicine randomized controlled trials [published online May 14, 2019]. Ann Emerg Med.
- Evaluation of spin in oncology clinical trials.Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2019; 144: 102821
- Eight out of every ten abstracts of low back pain systematic reviews presented spin and inconsistencies with the full text: An analysis of 66 systematic reviews.J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2020; 50: 17-23
- The clinical effect of rehabilitation following arthroscopic rotator cuff repair: A meta-analysis of early versus delayed passive motion.Medicine. 2018; 97e9625
- Selection bias and information bias in clinical research.Nephron Clinical Practice. 2010; 115: c94-c99
- Subacromial balloon spacer implantation for patients with massive irreparable rotator cuff tears achieves satisfactory clinical outcomes in the short and middle of follow-up period: A meta-analysis.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2021; 29: 143-153
- A comparison of the accuracy of clinical decisions based on full-text articles and on journal abstracts alone: A study among residents in a tertiary care hospital.Evid Based Med. 2013; 18: 48-53
- Spin in scientific publications: A frequent detrimental research practice.Ann Emerg Med. 2020; 75: 432-434
- Abstract analysis method facilitates filtering low-methodological quality and high-bias risk systematic reviews on psoriasis interventions.BMC Med Res Methodol. 2017; 17 (180)
- Impact of spin in the abstracts of articles reporting results of randomized controlled trials in the field of cancer: The SPIIN randomized controlled trial.J Clin Oncol. 2014; 32: 4120-4126
The authors report the following potential conflicts of interest or sources of funding: This study was funded by the Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences Presidential Mentor-Mentee Research Fellowship. Full ICMJE author disclosure forms are available for this article online, as supplementary material.