Methods and Materials
Level of Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Subscapularis tears: Hidden and forgotten no more.JSES Open Access. 2018 Mar; 2: 74-83
- Subscapularis tendon tears.EFORT Open Rev. 2017 Dec 15; 2: 484-495
- Partial tears of the subscapularis tendon found during arthroscopic procedures on the shoulder: A statistical analysis of sixty cases.Am J Sports Med. 2003 Oct; 31: 744-750
- Structural integrity and clinical outcomes after arthroscopic repair of isolated subscapularis tears.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2007 Jun; 89: 1184-1193
- The comma sign: An arthroscopic guide to the torn subscapularis tendon.Arthroscopy. 2003 Mar; 19: 334-337
- Comma sign–directed repair of anterosuperior rotator cuff tears.Arthrosc Tech. 2014 Dec 1; 3: e695-e698
- Classifications in brief: Goutallier classification of fatty infiltration of the rotator cuff musculature.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2016 May; 474: 1328-1332
- The “comma sign”: An anatomical investigation (dissection of the rotator interval in 14 cadaveric shoulders).Surg Radiol Anat. 2015 Sep; 37: 793-798
- Algorithm AS 62: A generator for the sampling distribution of the Mann–Whitney U statistic.J R Stat Soc C Appl. 1973; 22: 269-273
- Mann–Whitney test is not just a test of medians: Differences in spread can be important.BMJ. 2001 Aug 18; 323: 391-393
- Anterior-superior internal impingement of the shoulder: An evidence-based review.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2010 Dec; 18: 1688-1693
- Rotator cuff tear: Pathogenesis, evaluation and treatment.Springer, 2016
- The “bridging sign”: A MR finding for combined full-thickness tears of the subscapularis tendon and the supraspinatus tendon.Acta Radiol. 2013 Feb 1; 54: 83-88
- Subscapularis function and structural integrity after arthroscopic repair of isolated subscapularis tears.Am J Sports Med. 2011 Jun; 39: 1255-1262
- Outcomes of arthroscopic and open surgical repair of isolated subscapularis tendon tears.Arthroscopy. 2012 Sep; 28: 1306-1314
- Arthroscopic repair of subscapularis tears: Preliminary data from a prospective multicentre study.Orthop Traumatol Surg Res. 2012 Dec; 98 (suppl): S193-S200
The authors declare no conflict of interest. No funding related to the subject of this article was received. Full ICMJE author disclosure forms are available for this article online, as supplementary material.