Level of Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Sentinel sign: A sign of biceps tendon which indicates the presence of subscapularis tendon rupture.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2016; 24: 3745-3749
- Subscapularis tendon tear: An anatomic and clinical investigation.Arthroscopy. 2008; 24: 997-1004
Zhu S, Tan J, Wu D, Hu N, Huang W, Chen H. Bilateral coracohumeral distance discrepancy is associated with subscapularis tear in rotator cuff rupture patients [published online May 6, 2021]. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. doi: 10.1007/s00167-021-06597-6.
- Accuracy of preoperative magnetic resonance imaging in predicting a subscapularis tendon tear based on arthroscopy.Arthroscopy. 2010; 26: 1427-1433
- The accuracy of magnetic resonance imaging and magnetic resonance arthrogram versus arthroscopy in the diagnosis of subscapularis tendon injury.Arthroscopy. 2012; 28: 636-641
- Accuracy of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) for subscapularis tear: a systematic review and meta-analysis of diagnostic studies.Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2019; 139: 659-667
- Arthroscopic recognition and repair of the torn subscapularis tendon.Arthrosc Tech. 2013; 2: e373-379
- The invisible MGHL test: diagnostic value and benefits for the repair of retracted subscapularis tears.Am J Sports Med. 2020; 48: 2144-2150
- Recurrent rotator cuff tear: is ultrasound imaging reliable?.J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2018; 27: 1263-1267
- Diagnostic accuracy of ultrasonography, MRI and MR arthrography in the characterisation of rotator cuff disorders: A systematic review and meta-analysis.Br J Sports Med. 2015; 49: 1316-1328
- Prevalence of subscapularis tears and accuracy of shoulder ultrasound in pre-operative diagnosis.Int Orthop. 2016; 40: 975-979
- The diagnostic value of magnetic resonance imaging for different types of subscapularis lesions.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2016; 24: 2252-2258
- Can subcoracoid cyst formation be a sign of anterosuperior rotator cuff tears and biceps pulley lesions? A prospective radiologic and arthroscopic correlation study.J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2020; 29: 1665-1670
- A systematic approach for diagnosing subscapularis tendon tears with preoperative magnetic resonance imaging scans.Arthroscopy. 2012; 28: 1592-1600
- A novel diagnostic method to predict subscapularis tendon tear with sagittal oblique view magnetic resonance imaging.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2019; 27: 277-288
- Subscapularis tendon tear classification based on 3-dimensional anatomic footprint: a cadaveric and prospective clinical observational study.Arthroscopy. 2015; 31: 19-28
- Subscapularis tears: Hidden and forgotten no more.JSES Open Access. 2018; 2: 74-83
- Arthroscopic repair of isolated subscapularis tears: A systematic review of technique-specific outcomes.Arthroscopy. 2017; 33: 849-860
Atinga A, Dwyer T, Theodoropoulos J, Dekirmendjian K, Naraghi AM, White LM. Pre-operative MRI imaging accurately detects the arthroscopic comma sign in subscapularis tears [published online April 30, 2021]. Arthroscopy. doi: 10.1016/j.arthro.2021.04.040.
- A classification for partial subscapularis tendon tears.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2021; 29: 275-283
- Accuracy of preoperative MRI in the diagnosis of subscapularis tears.Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2016; 136: 1425-1430
- Partial tears of the subscapularis tendon found during arthroscopic procedures on the shoulder: A statistical analysis of sixty cases.Am J Sports Med. 2003; 31: 744-750
- Repair of Lafosse I subscapularis lesions brings no benefit in anterosuperior rotator cuff reconstruction.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2019; 27: 4021-4031
- Arthroscopic repair of isolated partial- and full-thickness upper third subscapularis tendon tears: Minimum 2-year outcomes after single-anchor repair and biceps tenodesis.Arthroscopy. 2017; 33: 1286-1293
- Shoulder ultrasonography versus arthroscopy for the detection of rotator cuff tears: analysis of errors.J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong). 2011; 19: 76-79
- Humeral head cysts and rotator cuff tears: an MR arthrographic study.Skeletal Radiol. 2006; 35: 909-914
- Lesser tuberosity cysts and their relationship with subscapularis tears and subcoracoid impingement.J Orthop Sci. 2017; 22: 63-68
- Cysts within and adjacent to the lesser tuberosity: Correlation with shoulder arthroscopy.Skeletal Radiol. 2012; 41: 1105-1110
- Cysts within and adjacent to the lesser tuberosity and their association with rotator cuff abnormalities.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2009; 193: 1603-1606
- Subscapularis tendon tear: Primary and associated signs on MRI.J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2001; 25: 417-424
- Ultrasound assessment for grading structural tendon changes in supraspinatus tendinopathy: An inter-rater reliability study.BMJ Open. 2016; 6e011746
The authors report the following potential conflicts of interest or sources of funding: this work was supported by grant from Chongqing medical scientific research project (No. 2021MSXM032). Full ICMJE author disclosure forms are available for this article online, as supplementary material.
Sizheng Zhu, M.D., and Darong Pu, M.D., and Ning Hu, M.D., and Hong Chen, M.D., contributed equally to this study.