Level of Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- SLAP tears: Diagnosis using 3-T shoulder MR arthrography with the 3D isotropic turbo spin-echo space sequence versus conventional 2D sequences.Eur Radiol. 2013; 23: 487-495
- SLAP tear diagnosis and management.in: Romeo A.A. Erickson B.J. Griffin J.W. The Management of Biceps Pathology: A Clinical Guide from the Shoulder to the Elbow. Springer International Publishing, New York2021: 125-136
- Diagnostic value of MR arthrogram in SLAP lesions of the shoulder.Surgeon. 2010; 8: 303-309
- Superior labral anterior-posterior (SLAP) tears in the military.Sports Health. 2016; 8: 503-506
Varacallo M, Tapscott DC, Mair SD. Superior labrum anterior posterior lesions. In: StatPearls. StatPearls Publishing; 2021. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK538284/. Accessed October 23, 2021.
- SLAP lesions of the shoulder.Arthroscopy. 1990; 6: 274-279
- An analysis of 140 injuries to the superior glenoid labrum.J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 1995; 4: 243-248
- Superior labrum-biceps tendon complex lesions of the shoulder.Am J Sports Med. 1995; 23: 93-98
- The rising incidence of arthroscopic superior labrum anterior and posterior (SLAP) repairs.J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2012; 21: 728-731
- Trends in the diagnosis of SLAP lesions in the US military.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2015; 23: 1453-1459
- Superior labrum anterior and posterior lesions of the shoulder: Incidence rates, complications, and outcomes as reported by American Board of Orthopedic Surgery. Part II candidates.Am J Sports Med. 2012; 40: 1538-1543
- Demographic trends in arthroscopic SLAP repair in the United States.Am J Sports Med. 2012; 40: 1144-1147
- SLAP lesions: A treatment algorithm.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2016; 24: 447-455
- Outcomes after arthroscopic repair of type-II SLAP lesions.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2009; 91: 1595-1603
Cvetanovich GL, Gowd AK, Agarwalla A, Forsythe B, Romeo AA, Verma NN. Trends in the management of isolated SLAP tears in the United States. Orthop J Sports Med 2019;7:2325967119833997. https://doi.org/10.1177/2325967119833997.
- A treatment-based algorithm for the management of type-II SLAP tears.Open Orthop J. 2018; 12: 282-287
- Treatment of SLAP lesions.Open Orthop J. 2018; 12: 288-294
- Treatment for symptomatic SLAP tears in middle-aged patients comparing repair, biceps tenodesis, and nonoperative approaches: A cost-effectiveness analysis.Arthroscopy. 2018; 34: 2019-2029
- Surgical management of type II superior labrum anterior posterior (SLAP) lesions: A review of outcomes and prognostic indicators.Phys Sportsmed. 2019; 47: 375-386
- A prospective analysis of 179 type 2 superior labrum anterior and posterior repairs: Outcomes and factors associated with success and failure.Am J Sports Med. 2013; 41: 880-886
- Arthroscopic treatment of type II superior labral anterior to posterior (SLAP) lesions in a younger population: Minimum 2-year outcomes are similar between SLAP repair and biceps tenodesis.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2021; 29: 257-265
- Superior labral anterior posterior repair and biceps tenodesis surgery: Trends of the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Database.Am J Sports Med. 2020; 48: 1583-1589
- Surgical trends in the treatment of superior labrum anterior and posterior lesions of the shoulder: Analysis of data from the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Certification Examination Database.Am J Sports Med. 2014; 42: 1904-1910
- Rates of subsequent shoulder surgery within three years for patients undergoing SLAP repair versus biceps tenodesis.Arthrosc Sports Med Rehabil. 2020; 2: e129-e135
- Subsequent shoulder surgery after isolated arthroscopic SLAP repair.Arthroscopy. 2016; 32: 1954-1962.e1
- Risk factors for revision surgery after superior labral anterior-posterior repair: A national perspective.Am J Sports Med. 2017; 45: 1640-1644
- A new method of classifying prognostic comorbidity in longitudinal studies: development and validation.J Chronic Dis. 1987; 40: 373-383
Dougherty MC, Kulenkamp JE, Boyajian H, Koh JL, Lee MJ, Shi LL. National trends in the diagnosis and repair of SLAP lesions in the United States. J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong) 2020;28:2309499019888552. https://doi.org/10.1177/2309499019888552.
Civan O, Bilsel K, Kapicioglu M, Ozenci AM. Repair versus biceps tenodesis for the slap tears: A systematic review. J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong) 2021;29:23094990211004790. https://doi.org/10.1177/23094990211004794.
- Labral repair versus biceps tenodesis for primary surgical management of type II superior labrum anterior to posterior tears: A systematic review.Arthroscopy. 2019; 35: 1927-1938
- Biceps tenodesis versus labral repair for superior labrum anterior-to-posterior tears: A systematic review and meta-analysis.J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2018; 27: 1913-1919
Forsythe B, Agarwalla A, Puzzitiello RN, Mascarenhas R, Werner BC. Rates and risk factors for revision open and arthroscopic proximal biceps tenodesis. Orthop J Sports Med 2019;7:2325967118825473. https://doi.org/10.1177/2325967118825473.
- Management of failed SLAP repair: A systematic review.HSS J. 2020; 16: 261-271
The authors report the following potential conflicts of interest or sources of funding: C.B.M. reports grants from Anika, Samumed, and Zimmer , personal fees from ConMed Linvatec, Medacta, SLACK, Stryker , and Tornier, and grants and personal fees from Histogenics and Medacta, outside the submitted work. B.T.F. reports research funding from the National Institutes of Health . He is an associate editor for Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery. A.L.Z. reports personal fees from Stryker , Tornier, and Depuy-Mitek, outside the submitted work. Full ICMJE author disclosure forms are available for this article online, as supplementary material.