Level of Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Health and safety in the legal cannabis industry before and during COVID-19.New Solut. 2021; 30: 311-323
- Cannabis use does not affect outcomes after total knee arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2019; 34: 1667-1669
- 2018 National Surveey on Drug Use and Health: Detailed tables.(2018)https://www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/cbhsq-reports/NSDUHDetailedTabs2018R2/NSDUHDetTabsSect1pe2018.htmDate accessed: February 20, 2021
Statista. Resident Population of the United States by Sex and Age as of July 1, 2019. https://www.statista.com/statistics/241488/population-of-the-us-by-sex-and-age/. Accessed April 15, 2021.
Patel J, Marwaha R. Cannabis use disorder. In: StatPearls. Treasure Island, FL: StatPearls Publishing, 2021.
Kane S. ClinCalc Post-hoc Power Calculator. https://clincalc.com/stats/Power.aspx. Accessed June 15, 2021.
- Cannabis use increases risk for revision after total knee arthroplasty.J Long Term Eff Med Implants. 2018; 28: 125-130
- Marijuana use and mortality following orthopedic surgical procedures.Subst Abuse. 2019; 40: 378-382
- Outcomes following primary total hip or knee arthroplasty in substance misusers.J Arthroplasty. 2015; 30: 1137-1141
- Cannabis use disorder and perioperative outcomes in vascular surgery.J Vasc Surg. 2021; 73: 1376-1387.e3
- Medicinal cannabis in orthopaedic practice.J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2020; 28: 268-277
- Perioperative cannabis use: A longitudinal study of associated clinical characteristics and surgical outcomes.Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2021; 46: 137-144
- Use of tetrahydrocannabinol and cannabidiol products in the perioperative period around primary unilateral total hip and knee arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2020; 35: 138-143
- Comorbid tobacco and other substance use and symptoms of anxiety and depression among hospitalised orthopaedic trauma patients.BMC Psychiatry. 2019; 19: 28
- Orthopaedic surgery patients who use recreational marijuana have less pre-operative pain.Int Orthop. 2019; 43: 283-292
- Preoperative risk factors in hip arthroscopy.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2021; 29: 1502-1509
- National estimates of marijuana use and related indicators: National Survey on Drug Use and Health, United States, 2002-2014.MMWR Surveill Summ. 2016; 65: 1-28
- Cannabinoid and opioid use among total joint arthroplasty patients: A 6-year, single-institution study.Orthopedics. 2021; 44: e101-e106
- Patients who have cannabis use disorder have higher rates of venous thromboemboli, readmission rates, and costs following primary total knee arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2020; 35: 997-1002
- Marijuana's influence on pain scores, initial weight loss, and other bariatric surgical outcomes.Perm J. 2018; 22: 18-1002
- Incidence of drug abuse in revision total knee arthroplasty population.J Knee Surg. 2018; 31: 928-933
- Assessing validity of ICD-9-CM and ICD-10 administrative data in recording clinical conditions in a unique dually coded database.Health Serv Res. 2008; 43: 1424-1441
The authors report the following potential conflicts of interest or sources of funding: D.K.W. reports being a consultant for Orthofix and Wright Medical and has received royalties from Arthrex, outside the submitted work. Full ICMJE author disclosure forms are available for this article online, as supplementary material.