Level of Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Clinical features of the different types of SLAP lesions: An analysis of one hundred and thirty-nine cases.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2003; 85: 66-71
- Glenoid labrum tears related to the long head of the biceps.Am J Sports Med. 1985; 13: 337-341
- SLAP lesions of the shoulder.Arthroscopy. 1990; 6: 274-279
- Superior labral anterior posterior repair and biceps tenodesis surgery: Trends of the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Database.Am J Sports Med. 2020; 48: 1583-1589
- Return to play after Type II superior labral anterior-posterior lesion repairs in athletes: A systematic review.Clin Orthop Rel Res. 2012; 470: 1595-1600
- SLAP Lesions: Trends in treatment.Arthroscopy. 2016; 32: 976-981
- Return to sport after arthroscopic superior labral anterior-posterior repair: A systematic review.Sports Health. 2019; 11: 520-527
- Arthroscopic treatment of isolated type II SLAP lesions: Biceps tenodesis as an alternative to reinsertion.Am J Sports Med. 2009; 37: 929-936
Hurley ET, Colasanti CA, Lorentz NA, et al. .Open subpectoral biceps tenodesis may be an alternative to arthroscopic repair for SLAP tears in patients under 30. Arthroscopy In press doi:10.1016/j.arthro.2021.07.028.
- Combined SLAP repair and biceps tenodesis for superior labral anterior-posterior tears.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2016; 24: 3870-3876
- Validation of digital visual analog scale pain scoring with a traditional paper-based visual analog scale in adults.J Am Acad Orthop Surg Glob Res Rev. 2018; 2: e088
- Comparison of the subjective shoulder value and the Constant score.J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2007; 16: 717-721
- Functional limitations as measured by the ASES score for patients that present with rotator cuff pathology (SS-25).Arthroscopy. 2013; 29: e12-e13
- Biceps tenodesis versus labral repair for superior labrum anterior-to-posterior tears: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2018; 27: 1913-1919
- Editorial Commentary: Which to fix—the biceps or the labrum? The shoulder SLAP tear is still controversial.Arthroscopy. 2019; 35: 1939-1940
- Editorial commentary: Silly biceps, tenodesis is for kids!.Arthroscopy. 2019; 35: 1042-1043
- Role of the superior labrum after biceps tenodesis in glenohumeral stability.J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2014; 23: 485-491
- Long-term results after SLAP repair: A 5-year follow-up study of 107 patients with comparison of patients aged over and under 40 years.Arthroscopy. 2012; 28: 1601-1607
- Long-term outcome after arthroscopic repair of type II SLAP lesions: Results according to age and workers' compensation status.Arthroscopy. 2012; 28: 451-457
- Sham surgery versus labral repair or biceps tenodesis for type II SLAP lesions of the shoulder: a three-armed randomised clinical trial.Br J Sports Med. 2017; 51: 1759-1766
- Return to sport after the surgical treatment of superior labrum anterior to posterior tears: A systematic review.Orthop J Sports Med. 2019; 7 (2325967119841892)
- Return to play and performance perceptions of baseball players after isolated SLAP tear repair.Orthop J Sports Med. 2019; 7 (2325967119829486)
The authors report the following potential conflicts of interest or sources of funding: K.A.C. reports personal fees from Samumed, outside the submitted work. M.J.A. reports grants from Arthrex, outside the submitted work. L.M.J reports grants from Arthrex, Mitek, and Smith & Nephew, outside the submitted work. Full ICMJE author disclosure forms are available for this article online, as supplementary material.