Level of Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- National health expenditure projections, 2016-25: Price increases, aging push sector to 20 percent of economy.Health Aff (Millwood). 2017; 36: 553-563https://doi.org/10.1377/hlthaff.2016.1627
- What is value in health care?.N Engl J Med. 2010; 363: 2477-2481https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMp1011024
- National trends in rotator cuff repair.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2012; 94: 227-233https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.J.00739
- Time-driven activity-based costing.Harv Bus Rev. 2004; 82 (150): 131-138
- Time-driven activity-based costing more accurately reflects costs in arthroplasty surgery.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2016; 474: 8-15https://doi.org/10.1007/s11999-015-4214-0
- Time-driven activity-based costing to identify patients incurring high inpatient cost for total shoulder arthroplasty.J Bone Joint Surg. 2018; 100: 2050-2056https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.18.00281
- The cost of joint replacement: comparing two approaches to evaluating costs of total hip and knee arthroplasty.J Bone Joint Surg. 2018; 100: 326-333https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.17.00161
- Endoscopic versus open carpal tunnel release: A detailed analysis using time-driven activity-based costing at an academic medical center.J Hand Surg. 2019; 44: 62.e1-62.e9https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhsa.2018.04.023
- Assessment of health care cost for complex surgical patients: Review of cost, re-imbursement and revenue involved in pancreatic surgery at a high-volume academic medical centre.HPB. 2015; 17: 311-317https://doi.org/10.1111/hpb.12349
- Understanding time-driven activity-based costing.Clin Spine Surg. 2016; 29: 62-65https://doi.org/10.1097/BSD.0000000000000360
- “Salary Average.” Glassdoor.
- Time-driven activity-based costing in fracture care: Is this a more accurate way to prepare for alternative payment models?.J Orthop Trauma. 2018; 32: 344-348https://doi.org/10.1097/BOT.0000000000001185
- Determining the true cost to deliver total hip and knee arthroplasty over the full cycle of care: Preparing for bundling and reference-based pricing.J Arthroplasty. 2016; 31: 1-6https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2015.07.013
- Time-driven activity-based costing provides a lower and more accurate assessment of costs in the field of orthopaedic surgery compared with traditional accounting methods.Arthroscopy. 2021; 37: 1620-1627https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arthro.2020.11.028
- The primary cost drivers of arthroscopic rotator cuff repair surgery: A cost-minimization analysis of 40,618 cases.J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2019; 28: 1977-1982https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jse.2019.03.004
- Cost of arthroscopic rotator cuff repairs is primarily driven by procedure-level factors: A single-institution analysis of an ambulatory surgery center.Arthroscopy. 2021; 37: 1075-1083https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arthro.2020.11.033
- Editorial Commentary: Stagnant surgeon reimbursement since 2005 does not reflect the current complexity of arthroscopic rotator cuff repair in 2020.Arthroscopy. 2020; 36: 2362-2363https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arthro.2020.06.021
- The cost of outpatient arthroscopic rotator cuff repairs: Hospital reimbursement is on the rise while surgeon payments remain unchanged.Arthroscopy. 2020; 36: 2354-2361https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arthro.2020.03.038
- Editorial Commentary: A rigged game—Surgeon reimbursement under the resource-based relative value scale, current procedural terminology, and the Affordable Care Act.Arthroscopy. 2020; 36: 2364-2366https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arthro.2020.05.010
- Lessons learned from bundled payment programs.Instr Course Lect. 2018; 67: 629-644
- Cost analysis and bundled care of hip and knee replacement.J Surg Orthop Adv. 2019; 28: 241-249
- Bundled payment arrangements: Keys to success.J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2018; 26: 817-822https://doi.org/10.5435/JAAOS-D-17-00022
- Predicting costs exceeding bundled payment targets for total joint arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2019; 34: 412-417https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2018.11.012
- A systematic review of cost-effective treatment of postoperative rotator cuff repairs.J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2017; 26: 915-922https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jse.2017.02.009
- Time-driven activity-based costing for anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: A comparison to traditional accounting methods.Arthrosc Sports Med Rehabil. 2021; 3: e39-e45https://doi.org/10.1016/j.asmr.2020.08.006
- 2021 Review of Physician and Advanced Practitioner Recruiting Incentives.https://www.merritthawkins.com/uploadedFiles/physician-advanced-practitioner-incentive-review-2021.pdfDate accessed: November 20, 2021
See commentary on page 2378
Full ICMJE author disclosure forms are available for this article online, as supplementary material.