Level of Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- CORR Insights(R): Can machine-learning algorithms predict early revision TKA in the Danish Knee Arthroplasty Registry?.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2020; 478: 2102-2104
- Editor's Spotlight/Take 5: Can machine learning algorithms predict which patients will achieve minimally clinically important differences from total joint arthroplasty?.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2019; 477: 1262-1266
- Causal language in observational orthopaedic research.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2021; 103: e76
- Clinical and research medical applications of artificial intelligence.Arthroscopy. 2021; 37: 1694-1697
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence: Definitions, applications, and future directions.Curr Rev Musculoskelet Med. 2020; 13: 69-76
- Artificial intelligence for the orthopaedic surgeon: An overview of potential benefits, limitations, and clinical applications.J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2021; 29: 235-243
- Artificial intelligence and orthopaedics: An introduction for clinicians.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2020; 102: 830-840
- Assessing the performance of prediction models: A framework for traditional and novel measures.Epidemiology. 2010; 21: 128-138
- Towards better clinical prediction models: Seven steps for development and an ABCD for validation.Eur Heart J. 2014; 35: 1925-1931
- Predicting 90-day and 1-year mortality in spinal metastatic disease: Development and internal validation.Neurosurgery. 2019; 85: E671-E681
- Verification of forecasts expressed in terms of probability.Monthly Weather Rev. 1950; 78: 1-3
- A simple, step-by-step guide to interpreting decision curve analysis.Diagn Progn Res. 2019; 3: 18
- “Why should I trust you?”: Explaining the predictions of any classifier.Proc 22nd SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining. 2016; : 1135-1144
- The false hope of current approaches to explainable artificial intelligence in health care.Lancet Digit Health. 2021; 3: e745-e750
- Greedy function approximation: A gradient boosting machine.Ann Stat. 2001; : 1189-1232
- Greenwell BM. pdf: An R package for constructing partial dependence plots.R Journal. 2017; 9: 421-436
- The coefficient of determination R-squared is more informative than SMAPE, MAE, MAPE, MSE and RMSE in regression analysis evaluation.Peer J Comput Sci. 2021; 7: e623
- Performance metrics (error measures) in machine learning regression, forecasting and prognostics: Properties and typology.ArXiv. 2018; (abs/1809.03006)
Kunze KN, Krivicich LM, Clapp IM, et al. Machine learning algorithms predict achievement of clinically significant outcomes after orthopaedic surgery: A systematic review [published online December 27, 2021]. Arthroscopy. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arthro.2021.12.030.
- Potential benefits, unintended consequences, and future roles of artificial intelligence in orthopaedic surgery research: A call to emphasize data quality and indications.Bone Jt Open. 2022; 3: 93-97
- Efficacy and applications of artificial intelligence and machine learning analyses in total joint arthroplasty: A call for improved reporting.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2022; : 10-2106
- Diagnostic performance of artificial intelligence for detection of anterior cruciate ligament and meniscus tears: A systematic review.Arthroscopy. 2021; 37: 771-781
- Development and internal validation of supervised machine learning algorithms for predicting clinically significant functional improvement in a mixed population of primary hip arthroscopy.Arthroscopy. 2021; 37: 1488-1497
- Machine learning algorithms predict clinically significant improvements in satisfaction after hip arthroscopy.Arthroscopy. 2021; 37: 1143-1151
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
The authors report that they have no conflicts of interest in the authorship and publication of this article. Full ICMJE author disclosure forms are available for this article online, as supplementary material.