Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Mid To Long-term Outcomes Of Hip Arthroscopy: A Systematic Review.Arthroscopy. 2021 Mar; 37: 1011-1025
- Hip Arthroscopy for Femoroacetabular Impingement in Adolescents: 10-Year Patient-Reported Outcomes.Am J Sports Med. 2021; 49: 76-81
- Survivorship and Outcomes 10 Years Following Hip Arthroscopy for Femoroacetabular Impingement: Labral Debridement Compared with Labral Repair.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2017; 99: 997-1004
- Prospective analysis of hip arthroscopy with 10-year followup.Clin Orthop. 2010; 468 (d): 741-746
- Arthroscopic Labral Repair Versus Selective Labral Debridement in Female Patients With Femoroacetabular Impingement: A Prospective Randomized Study.Arthroscopy. 2013; 29: 46-53
- In Search of the Spherical Femoroplasty: Cam Overresection Leads to Inferior Functional Scores Before and After Revision Hip Arthroscopic Surgery.Am J Sports Med. 2018; 46: 2061-2071
- Indications and Outcomes of Secondary Hip Procedures After Failed Hip Arthroscopy. A Systematic Review.Arthrosc J Arthrosc Relat Surg Off Publ Arthrosc Assoc N Am Int Arthrosc Assoc. Published online March. 2020; 4
- Contemporary Management of the Hip Capsule During Arthroscopic Hip Preservation Surgery.Curr Rev Musculoskelet Med. 2019; (Published online July 5): 260-270
- Should the Capsule Be Repaired or Plicated After Hip Arthroscopy for Labral Tears Associated With Femoroacetabular Impingement or Instability? A Systematic Review.Arthrosc J Arthrosc Relat Surg Off Publ Arthrosc Assoc N Am Int Arthrosc Assoc. 2018; 34: 303-318
- The Pie-Crusting Technique for Capsular Management During Hip Arthroscopy.Arthrosc Tech. 2019; 8: e93-e96
- Periportal Capsulotomy: Technique and Outcomes for a Limited Capsulotomy During Hip Arthroscopy.Arthrosc J Arthrosc Relat Surg Off Publ Arthrosc Assoc N Am Int Arthrosc Assoc. 2019; 35: 1120-1127
- Pie-Crusting Capsulotomy Provides Similar Visualization with Increased Repair Stiffness Compared to a T-Capsulotomy: A Biomechanical Study.Arthrosc J Arthrosc Relat Surg Off Publ Arthrosc Assoc N Am Int Arthrosc Assoc. March 31, 2021; (Published online)
- Achievement of Meaningful Clinical Outcomes Is Unaffected by Capsulotomy Type During Arthroscopic Treatment of Femoroacetabular Impingement Syndrome: Results From the Multicenter Arthroscopic Study of the Hip (MASH) Study Group.Am J Sports Med. 2021; 49: 713-720
- Capsular Management Techniques and Hip Arthroscopy.Sports Med Arthrosc Rev. 2021; 29: 22-27
- Complete Capsular Repair Restores Native Kinematics After Interportal and T-Capsulotomy.Am J Sports Med. 2019; 47: 1451-1458
- Hip Capsular Closure: A Biomechanical Analysis of Failure Torque.Am J Sports Med. 2017; 45: 434-439
- Hip Arthroscopy Capsular Closure: The Figure of Eight Technique.Arthrosc Tech. 2017; 6: e505-e509
- Capsular Repair During Hip Arthroscopy Demonstrates Restoration of Axial Distraction Resistance in an in Vivo Intraoperative Testing Model.J Bone Joint Surg Am. July 27, 2021; (Published online)
- A quantitative analysis of hip capsular thickness.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc Off J ESSKA. 2015; 23: 2548-2553
- Arthroscopic Capsulotomy, Capsular Repair, and Capsular Plication of the Hip: Relation to Atraumatic Instability.Arthrosc J Arthrosc Relat Surg. 2013; 29: 162-173
- Biomechanical Assessment of Hip Capsular Repair and Reconstruction Procedures Using a 6 Degrees of Freedom Robotic System.Am J Sports Med. 2017; 45: 1745-1754
- Hip Capsular Management in Patients with Femoroacetabular Impingement or Microinstability: A Systematic Review of Biomechanical Studies.Arthrosc J Arthrosc Relat Surg Off Publ Arthrosc Assoc N Am Int Arthrosc Assoc. Published online. April 30, 2021;
- A quantitative assessment of the insertional footprints of the hip joint capsular ligaments and their spanning fibers for reconstruction.Clin Anat N Y N. 2014; 27: 489-497
- Vertical Extension of the T-Capsulotomy Incision in Hip Arthroscopic Surgery Does Not Affect the Force Required for Hip Distraction: Effect of Capsulotomy Size, Type, and Subsequent Repair.Am J Sports Med. 2018; 46: 3127-3133
- Methods to Improve Arthroscopic and Orthopaedic Biomechanical Investigations: A Few of Our Favorite Things.Arthrosc J Arthrosc Relat Surg Off Publ Arthrosc Assoc N Am Int Arthrosc Assoc. 2019; 35: 2967-2969
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
This study was performed in accordance with the ethical standards in the 1964 Declaration of Helsinki. This study was carried out in accordance with relevant regulations of the US Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Institutional review board approval was not required for this laboratory investigation utilizing de-identified cadaveric specimens.
David R. Maldonado, MD. – Study design, specimens preparation, biomechanical testing, data collection and analysis and writing of the manuscript.
Michael B. Banffy, MD. – Study design, data analysis and revision of the manuscript.
Dave Huang, BS. – Study design, biomechanical testing, data collection.
Trevor J. Nelson, BS. – Study design, biomechanical testing, data collection.
Shrey Kanjiya, MD. – Specimens preparation, biomechanical testing, and revision of the manuscript.
Dheeraj Yalamanchili, MD. – Specimens preparation, biomechanical testing, and revision of the manuscript.
Melodie F. Metzger, PhD. – Study design, data interpretation, and writing and revision of the manuscript.
Clinical Relevance: Adequate and comprehensive capsular management in hip arthroscopy is critical. Capsular repair following capsulotomy in femoroacetabular impingement surgery has been associated with higher patient-reported outcomes when compared to capsulotomy without repair. Therefore, determining which capsular closure construct provides the higher failure torque is important.