Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Use of Fetal Membranes in Skin Grafting.Med Rec NY. 1913; 83: 478-480
- Human Amniotic Membrane–Derived Products in Sports Medicine.Am J Sports Med. 2016 Sep 20; 44: 2425-2434
- The Placenta: Applications in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine.Am J Sports Med. 2018 Jan 4; 46: 234-247
- Application of Amniotic Tissue in Orthopedic Surgery.Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ). 2016; 45: E421-E425
- Amniotic Product Treatments: Clinical and Basic Science Evidence.Curr Rev Musculoskelet Med. 2020 Apr 19; 13: 148-154
- Proteomic Comparison of Amnion and Chorion and Evaluation of the Effects of Processing on Placental Membranes.Wounds. 2017; 29 (E38–42)
- Osteoarthritis and cartilage: The role of cytokines.Curr Rheumatol Rep. 2000 Dec; 2: 459-465
- The role of inflammatory and anti-inflammatory cytokines in the pathogenesis of osteoarthritis.Mediators Inflamm. 2014; 2014561459
- Intra-articular injection of micronized dehydrated human amnion/chorion membrane attenuates osteoarthritis development.Arthritis Res Ther. 2014; 16: R47
- Efficacy of Particulate Amniotic Membrane and Umbilical Cord Tissues in Attenuating Cartilage Destruction in an Osteoarthritis Model.Tissue Eng Part A. 2017; 23: 12-19
- Amniotic Suspension Allograft Modulates Inflammation in a Rat Pain Model of Osteoarthritis.J Orthop Res. 2020; 38: 1141-1149
- Human amniotic membrane intra-articular injection prevents cartilage damage in an osteoarthritis model.Exp Ther Med. 2019; 17: 11-16
- Injectable Amniotic Membrane/Umbilical Cord Particulate for Knee Osteoarthritis: A Prospective, Single-Center Pilot Study.Pain Med. 2019; 0: 1-9
- Cryopreserved Amniotic Suspension for the Treatment of Knee Osteoarthritis.J Knee Surg. 2016; 29: 443-450
- A Randomized Controlled Single-Blind Study Demonstrating Superiority of Amniotic Suspension Allograft Injection Over Hyaluronic Acid and Saline Control for Modification of Knee Osteoarthritis Symptoms.J Knee Surg. 2019 Nov; 32: 1143-1154
- Safety and Efficacy of an Amniotic Suspension Allograft Injection Over 12 Months in a Single-Blinded, Randomized Controlled Trial for Symptomatic Osteoarthritis of the Knee.Arthroscopy. 2021; 37: 2246-2257
- Effect of Crossover in Oncology Clinical Trials on Evidence Levels in Early Benefit Assessment in Germany.Value Heal. 2018 Jun; 21: 698-706
- Radiological assessment of osteo-arthrosis.Ann Rheum Dis. 1957 Dec; 16: 494-502
- Application of minimal important differences in degenerative knee disease outcomes: a systematic review and case study to inform BMJ Rapid Recommendations.BMJ Open. 2017 May 11; 7e015587
- Minimal Important Difference (MID) of two commonly used outcome measures for foot problems.J Foot Ankle Res. 2010 Dec 14; 3: 7
- Prospective validation of clinically important changes in pain severity measured on a visual analog scale.Ann Emerg Med. 2001 Dec; 38: 633-638
- OMERACT-OARSI Initiative: Osteoarthritis Research Society International set of responder criteria for osteoarthritis clinical trials revisited.Osteoarthr Cartil. 2004 May; 12: 389-399
- The Knee injury and Osteoarthritis Outcome Score (KOOS): from joint injury to osteoarthritis.Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2003 Nov 3; 1: 64
- Efficacy of Triamcinolone Acetonide Extended-Release in Participants with Unilateral Knee Osteoarthritis: A Post Hoc Analysis.Adv Ther. 2019 Jun 9; 36: 1398-1411
- Clinical Outcome of Bone Marrow Concentrate in Knee Osteoarthritis.J Prolotherapy. 2015 Jan; 7: e937-e946
- Effect of Intra-articular Triamcinolone vs Saline on Knee Cartilage Volume and Pain in Patients With Knee Osteoarthritis.JAMA. 2017 May 16; 317: 1967
- Adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cell therapy in the treatment of knee osteoarthritis: a randomized controlled trial.Regen Med. 2019 Mar; 14: 213-230
Zhao SZ, McMillen JI, Markenson JA, Dedhiya SD, Zhao WW, Osterhaus JT, et al. Evaluation of the Functional Status Aspects of Health-Related Quality of Life of Patients with Osteoarthritis Treated with Celecoxib. Pharmacotherapy. 1999 Nov;19(11):1269–1278.
Riddle DL, Stratford PW. Unilateral vs bilateral symptomatic knee osteoarthritis: Associations between pain intensity and function. Rheumatol (United Kingdom). 2013;52(12):2229–2237.
- Contralateral knee effect on self-reported knee-specific function and global functional assessment: Data from the osteoarthritis initiative.Arthritis Care Res. 2015; 67: 374-381
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
IRB (WIRB) #20142125
Gomoll, Farr: trial design; trial and site PI; data analysis; manuscript preparation
Archambault: statistics; data analysis, manuscript editing, Sherman, Tabet, Mandelbaum: site PI; data review; manuscript editing
Kimmerling; Mowry: trial design; data analysis; manuscript preparation
*All authors reviewed and approved the final manuscript and agree to be accountable for all aspects of the work.
Acknowledgements: This study was funded by Organogenesis. We would like to thank Anil Chandraker, MD, and his lab for their work on the anti-HLA testing. The ASA study group includes: Kavita Ahuja MD, CRC, Catherine Beckham PA-C, James Borchers MD, David Shane Buggay MD, Jeffrey Clifton MD, Ricardo Colberg MD, Brian Cole MD, MBA, Jeffrey Davis MD, Kristen Davis PA, Jack Farr MD, David Flanigan MD, Samuel Goldstein MD, Andreas Gomoll MD, Kenneth Jaffe MD, Laith Jazrawi MD, Christopher Kaeding MD, Christian Lattermann MD, Robert Magnussen MD, Bert Mandelbaum MD, Rebecca McNair CRNP, Jose Ortega MD, Stephanie Pongracz PA, Seth Sherman MD, Beth Shubin Stein MD, Eric Strauss MD, Sabrina Strickland MD, Samuel Tabet MD, Nikhil Verma MD, Kathleen Weber MD, MS, William Whitley PharmD, Robert Wilson MD, Adam Yanke MD, PhD, and Kenneth Zaslav MD.
Level of Evidence: II, prospective cohort study