Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Cullen KA, Hall MJ, Golosinskiy A. Ambulatory surgery in the United States, 2006. Natl Health Stat Report. 2009:1-25.
- Conundrum of mechanical knee symptoms: signifying feature of a meniscal tear?.Br J Sports Med. 2019; 53: 299-303
- Incidental meniscal findings on knee MRI in middle-aged and elderly persons.N Engl J Med. 2008; 359: 1108-1115
- The clinical importance of meniscal tears demonstrated by magnetic resonance imaging in osteoarthritis of the knee.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2003; 85: 4-9
- Meniscal tear as an osteoarthritis risk factor in a largely non-osteoarthritic cohort: a cross-sectional study.J Rheumatol. 2007; 34: 776-784
- Meniscal tear in knees without surgery and the development of radiographic osteoarthritis among middle-aged and elderly persons: The Multicenter Osteoarthritis Study.Arthritis Rheum. 2009; 60: 831-839
- Signs of knee osteoarthritis common in 620 patients undergoing arthroscopic surgery for meniscal tear.Acta Orthop. 2017; 88: 90-95
- Isolated Arthroscopic Partial Meniscectomy Is More Effective at Improving Meniscal Symptoms in Comparison With Mechanical Symptoms in Patients With Concomitant Untreated Chondral Lesions.Arthroscopy. 2022; 38: 489-497.e417
- Meniscal and Mechanical Symptoms Are Associated with Cartilage Damage, Not Meniscal Pathology.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2021; 103: 381-388
- The effects of meniscus injury on the development of knee osteoarthritis: data from the osteoarthritis initiative.Am J Sports Med. 2013; 41: 1238-1244
- Physicians' accuracy and interrator reliability for the diagnosis of unstable meniscal tears in patients having osteoarthritis of the knee.Can J Surg. 2001; 44: 267-274
- Effect of meniscal damage on the development of frequent knee pain, aching, or stiffness.Arthritis Rheum. 2007; 56: 4048-4054
- Mechanical symptoms as an indication for knee arthroscopy in patients with degenerative meniscus tear: a prospective cohort study.Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2016; 24: 1367-1375
- Mechanical Symptoms and Arthroscopic Partial Meniscectomy in Patients With Degenerative Meniscus Tear: A Secondary Analysis of a Randomized Trial.Ann Intern Med. 2016; 164: 449-455
- Arthroscopic partial meniscectomy versus placebo surgery for a degenerative meniscus tear: a 2-year follow-up of the randomised controlled trial.Ann Rheum Dis. 2018; 77: 188-195
- Arthroscopic partial meniscectomy versus sham surgery for a degenerative meniscal tear.N Engl J Med. 2013; 369: 2515-2524
- Knee Injury and Osteoarthritis Outcome Score (KOOS)--development of a self-administered outcome measure.J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 1998; 28: 88-96
- The etiology of chondromalacia patellae.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1961; 43-b: 752-757
- Classifications in Brief: Outerbridge Classification of Chondral Lesions.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2018; 476: 2101-2104
- Knee Arthroscopic Surgery in Middle-Aged Patients With Meniscal Symptoms: A 3-Year Follow-up of a Prospective, Randomized Study.Am J Sports Med. 2017; 45: 2077-2084
- Associations among meniscal damage, meniscal symptoms and knee pain severity.Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2017; 25: 850-857
- Middle-aged patients with an MRI-verified medial meniscal tear report symptoms commonly associated with knee osteoarthritis.Acta Orthop. 2017; 88: 664-669
- Patient-reported symptoms and changes up to 1 year after meniscal surgery.Acta Orthop. 2018; 89: 336-344
- Arthroscopy for mechanical symptoms in osteoarthritis: a cost-effective procedure.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2015; 23: 3545-3549
- The Knee injury and Osteoarthritis Outcome Score (KOOS): from joint injury to osteoarthritis.Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2003; 1: 64
Roos E. Knee injury and Osteoarthritis Outcome Score. Vol 2021.
- A randomized trial of arthroscopic surgery for osteoarthritis of the knee.N Engl J Med. 2008; 359: 1097-1107
- Evaluation of acute knee pain in primary care.Ann Intern Med. 2003; 139: 575-588
- Value of History, Physical Examination, and Radiographic Findings in the Diagnosis of Symptomatic Meniscal Tear Among Middle-Aged Subjects With Knee Pain.Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2017; 69: 484-490
Scanzello CR, McKeon B, Swaim BH, et al. Synovial inflammation in patients undergoing arthroscopic meniscectomy: molecular characterization and relationship to symptoms. Arthritis Rheum. 2011;63:391-400.
Jevsevar DS, Brown GA, Jones DL, et al. The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons evidence-based guideline on: treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee, 2nd edition. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2013;95:1885-1886.
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Level of Evidence: Therapeutic Level IV, retrospective cohort analysis of prospective data.
Funding Source: There is no source of funding for this study.