Level of Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The increasing incidence of surgically treated quadriceps tendon ruptures.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2019; 27: 3644-3649
- Extensor mechanism injuries of the knee: Demographic characteristics and comorbidities from a review of 726 patient records.JBJS. 2015; 97: 1592-1596
- Rates and risk factors for failure of surgical repair of the knee extensor mechanism.J Orthop Trauma. 2020; 34: e203-e207
- Knotless suture anchor with suture tape quadriceps tendon repair is biomechanically superior to transosseous and traditional suture anchor–based repairs in a cadaveric model.Arthroscopy. 2017; 33: 190-198
- Biomechanical evaluation of suture anchor versus transosseous tunnel quadriceps tendon repair techniques.Arthroscopy. 2016; 32: 1117-1124
- Suture anchor repair yields better biomechanical properties than transosseous sutures in ruptured quadriceps tendons.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2015; 23: 1039-1045
- Suture anchor versus suture through tunnel fixation for quadriceps tendon rupture: A biomechanical study.Orthopedics. 2008; 31 (441-441)
- Acute quadriceps tendon rupture repaired by suture anchors: Outcomes at 7 years’ follow-up in 25 cases.Orthop Traumatol Surg Res. 2017; 103: 597-601
- Clinical outcomes after treatment of quadriceps tendon ruptures show equal results independent of suture anchor or transosseus repair technique used—A pilot study.PLoS One. 2018; 13e0194376
- Operative treatment of acute patellar tendon ruptures.Am J Sports Med. 2020; 48: 2686-2691
- A strategy for repair, augmentation, and reconstruction of knee extensor mechanism disruption: A retrospective review.Orthop J Sports Med. 2021; 9 (23259671211046625)
- Suture anchor repair of quadriceps tendon rupture.Orthopedics. 2014; 37: 183-186
- Quadriceps tendon rupture: a biomechanical comparison of transosseous equivalent double-row suture anchor versus transosseous tunnel repair.J Knee Surg. 2012; 25: 335-340
- Prospective multicentre study of the clinical and functional outcomes following quadriceps tendon repair with suture anchors.Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol. 2016; 26: 85-92
- Outcomes following quadriceps tendon repair using transosseous tunnels versus suture anchors: A systematic review.Injury. 2021; 52: 339-344
- Smaller gap formation with suture anchor fixation than traditional transpatellar sutures in patella and quadriceps tendon rupture: A syste-matic review.Arthroscopy. 2022; (S0749-8063(22)00015-9 doi: 10.1016/j.arthro.2022.01.012)
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
The authors report that they have no conflicts of interest in the authorship and publication of this article. Full ICMJE author disclosure forms are available for this article online, as supplementary material.
Selected for podium presentation at AANA Annual Meeting 2022.