Level of Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Arthroscopy
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of outcomes after hip arthroscopy in femoroacetabular impingement.Am J Sports Med. 2019; 47: 488-500
- Effectiveness of hip arthroscopy on treatment of femoroacetabular impingement syndrome: A meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2021; 73: 1140-1145
- A shift in hip arthroscopy use by patient age and surgeon volume: A New York state-based population analysis 2004 to 2016.Arthroscopy. 2019; 35: 2847-2854.e2841
- Age-related trends in hip arthroscopy: A large cross-sectional analysis.Arthroscopy. 2015; 31: 2307-2313.e2302
- Hip arthroscopy for femoroacetabular impingement patients older than 50 years-proceed with caution.Arthroscopy. 2019; 35: 2759-2760
- Patients aged in their 70s do not have a high risk of progressive osteoarthritis following arthroscopic femoroacetabular impingement correction and labral preservation surgery.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2020; 28: 1648-1655
- Risk factors for conversion of hip arthroscopy to total hip arthroplasty: A large closed-cohort study.Arthrosc Sports Med Rehabil. 2020; 2: e599-e605
- Hip arthroscopy in patients age 40 or older: A systematic review.Arthroscopy. 2017; 33: 464-475.e463
- Age and outcomes in hip arthroscopy for femoroacetabular impingement: A comparison across 3 age groups.Am J Sports Med. 2021; 49: 82-89
- Sex differences in self-reported hip function up to 2 years after arthroscopic surgery for femoroacetabular impingement.Am J Sports Med. 2016; 44: 54-59
- Obesity is associated with less favorable outcomes following hip arthroscopic surgery: A systematic review and meta-analysis.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2021; 29: 1483-1493
- Arthroscopic labral repair versus selective labral debridement in female patients with femoroacetabular impingement: A prospective randomized study.Arthroscopy. 2013; 29: 46-53
- Acetabular cartilage lesions predict inferior mid-term outcomes for arthroscopic labral repair and treatment of femoroacetabular impingement syndrome.Arthroscopy. 2022; 38: 3152-3158
- Hip arthroscopy in patients ages 50 years or older: Minimum 5-year outcomes, survivorship, and risk factors for conversion to total hip replacement.Arthroscopy. 2018; 34: 3001-3009
- Predictors of clinical outcomes after hip arthroscopy: 5-year follow-up analysis of 1038 patients.Am J Sports Med. 2021; 49: 112-120
Shanmugaraj A, Kumar MV, Al Naji O, Simunovic N, Philippon MJ, Ayeni OR. Hip Arthroscopy improves outcomes with moderate conversion to total hip arthroplasty rates in patients aged 50 years or older: A systematic review [published online August 31, 2022]. Arthroscopy. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arthro.2022.08.019.
- Outcomes of hip arthroscopy in patients aged 50 years or older compared with a matched-pair control of patients aged 30 years or younger.Arthroscopy. 2015; 31: 231-238
- Interpretation of changes in health-related quality of life: The remarkable universality of half a standard deviation.Med Care. 2003; 41: 582-592
- Balance diagnostics after propensity score matching.Ann Transl Med. 2019; 7: 16
- Patient-reported outcome measures for hip preservation surgery—a systematic review of the literature.J Hip Preserv Surg. 2015; 2: 15-27
- Arthroscopic acetabular labral repair versus labral debridement: Long-term survivorship and functional outcomes.Orthop J Sports Med. 2022; 1023259671221109012
- The influence of body mass index on outcomes after hip arthroscopy for femoroacetabular impingement syndrome: Five-year results in 140 patients.Am J Sports Med. 2021; 49: 90-96
- Predictors of outcomes after hip arthroscopic surgery for femoroacetabular impingement: A systematic review.Orthop J Sports Med. 2019; 72325967119848982
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
The authors report the following potential conflicts of interest or sources of funding: T.Y. reports personal fees from Arthrex, outside the submitted work. Full ICMJE author disclosure forms are available for this article online, as supplementary material.